Honored Contributor

Re: It cosmetics just sold to L'oreal

@April07 wrote:

loreal sells in china so money from purchasing It Cosmetics now goes to fund animal testing. Jamie sold out but i won't, i'm out.

For a BILLION dollars... I would sell out too. It is just a fact of life in business... money first, ethics and consumer last.....

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Jamie will still be involved with the company, probably will continue to do her qvc shows but I doubt the product will be the same going forward.   I don't blame her for doing the deal though, just sad for consumers.

NYX and Urban Decay are owned by Loreal too.

And Lancome, Giorgio Armani, YSL, Clarisonic, Maybelline

I think this is a good thing for their company.  The brands owned by L'Oreal are excellent so why wouldn't IT continue to be?

Esteemed Contributor

They could look for a cheaper way to manufacture the product impacting the quality...maybe produce all IT items in China, maybe change ingredients, perhaps the formulation will change for the worse.  Time will tell. 

Respected Contributor

I have never been a fan of IT due to the lack of colors for those of us with pink or neutral skin tones.  Hope Jamie enjoys all her $$$$$$$$$$$$.  Good for her.

Honored Contributor

Rats!!!  Another line I can no longer count on.  Good thing I only use a couple of her products.  No longer do I weld myself at the hip to only one line.  Come to think of it, I guess I never really have, except Ojon.  That was a bitter disappointment, what they did to that line. 

Super Contributor

It's kind of a relief, I was spending too much on It products! Good for Jamie, what a financial accomplishment! I will be looking for a new cosmetics brand. It just won't be the same.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

They could look for a cheaper way to manufacture the product impacting the quality...maybe produce all IT items in China, maybe change ingredients, perhaps the formulation will change for the worse.  Time will tell. 

@Snoopp  Yes.. this is what happens everytime in buyouts... they wait a bit.. and then make the changes when no one is looking....

Respected Contributor

I always have great ideas for good products! Where do I go wrong????Smiley Wink

I am woman, hear me roar!...and yell, and scream, and beg...just hear me!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

I have only used a couple things from IT and wasn't that impressed., but agree that now that line is doomed too. I so agree about the OJON line---oh how I loved that line!! I started using the oil and the brown paste on my head as I was going thru chemo and as my hair grew out;  was  very soothing on a bald head. But now that line is history. I have used the Tweak"d line too but still not the same. Maybe Jamie has an idea for another line.

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

If people think the L'oreal will "work with plastic surgeons" they are mistaken IMO. Jamie and IT are taking a beating over on the IT Instagram. People are really upset. 

I read Jamie's announcement on Facebook.  She describes it as a partnership and says Loreal will help with promotion.   She promises the product will remain the same.  We'll see. She's getting bashed in the comments.  A few support her,  but, like here, most are unhappy about the deal.