Respected Contributor

Re: It cosmetics just sold to L'oreal

I haven't read through this thread so forgive any redundancy.

Sadly everything has a price.  It doesn't phase me because there's not one IT Cosmetics product that I love.  BBUE I purchased again more recently since Mally was destroyed by that sale.  Cancellation Concealer is my holy grail, as was the Volumizing Mascara (white wand).  Honestly, I'm not crazy about BBUE and have an older refill of CC waiting in the wings.  I purchased two when Beauty.com had their sale.  Hopefully I'll find a decent replacement by the time I've gone through my last refill.

One thing you can count on.. nothing stays the same.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Kissn wrote:

What else is new... they take our money... our loyalty... get rich ... sell out... and then do not care when the quality diminishes, watered down by greed ! ~ I surely hope that Jamie has enough humility to NOT do any more shows ... the pretense would be absolutely unbearable! ~ but then, when you sell your soul...?

Drugstores are looking better and better ... we all end up there, anyway !

Feeling betrayed I give up ! ~ 

Jill ~

A bit overdramatic. She didn't exactly sell her soul to the devil, for goodness' sake; she made a business decision to sell her company, something that happens almost daily in the business world.

EXACTLY... lol.

Respected Contributor

OT a bit.. but as a consumer it's our responsibility to know which companies do animal testing.

I'll be the 1st to admit I've done a lousy job.  I feel like a huge hypocrite as an advocate against animal cruelty.  If truly passionate about this issue, we all have choices - they're just narrowed GREATLY these days-- so it's a matter of truly staying on top of it and taking a stand.  Unless something's changed L'oreal is owned by Lancome.  Place a huge GUILTY on my forehead for purchasing both brands..  All I can do is stay educated & moving forward change buying habits.

It's just a shame so many otherwise good companies are compelled to test at the expense of God's precious & innocent creatures.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

OT a bit.. but as a consumer it's our responsibility to know which companies do animal testing.

I'll be the 1st to admit I've done a lousy job.  I feel like a huge hypocrite as an advocate against animal cruelty.  If truly passionate about this issue, we all have choices - they're just narrowed GREATLY these days-- so it's a matter of truly staying on top of it and taking a stand.  Unless something's changed L'oreal is owned by Lancome.  Place a huge GUILTY on my forehead for purchasing both brands..  All I can do is stay educated & moving forward change buying habits.

It's just a shame so many otherwise good companies are compelled to test at the expense of God's precious & innocent creatures.

@Funloving you mean Lancome is owned by l'oreal, right? Smiley Wink And you make great points. All I wish for is people would try. We all mess up at times as it is hard to keep up on it all at times but we just do the best we can and learn from our mistakes and make better choices the next time. Smiley Happy Heart

New Contributor

I agree and it happens too often that changes of one kind of another are made - either in the quality or the price.  Good deal for Jamie, just maybe not so much for the customers.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

@Funloving you mean Lancome is owned by l'oreal, right? Smiley Wink And you make great points. All I wish for is people would try. We all mess up at times as it is hard to keep up on it all at times but we just do the best we can and learn from our mistakes and make better choices the next time. Smiley Happy Heart

@HappyDaze, my intelligent, compassionate & quick-witted friend...Heart

I sure did- 'another dyslexic moment brought to you by yours truly'...Smiley Tongue 

I can only control my own actions. To remain true to my beliefs.. to my convictions, as you said.. it's all about making better choices going forward.

I hope you and yours are doing sterling girlfriend!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

There's a video response from Jamie on the IT Cosmetic Facebook page.  Basically she said the "partnership" is to be able to bring IT Cosmetics to potential customers in areas she hasn't been able to market the line yet.  Other than that, she says everything will remain the same; her position, the formulations, where the products are manufactured, the committment to remaining cruelty free, etc.  It's confusing when the terms "partnership" and "sale/sold" are both used in this venture.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

There's a video response from Jamie on the IT Cosmetic Facebook page.  Basically she said the "partnership" is to be able to bring IT Cosmetics to potential customers in areas she hasn't been able to market the line yet.  Other than that, she says everything will remain the same; her position, the formulations, where the products are manufactured, the committment to remaining cruelty free, etc.  It's confusing when the terms "partnership" and "sale/sold" are both used in this venture.

I mean, what else is she going to say? Of course she will make these claims that everything will stay the same, etc- they ALL do. And maybe she belives it herself although I doubt it since I  am sure she is a smart cookie. It wouldn't be in the company's interest to come out and say that hey things will eventually change with the company over time after the sale. That would be honest but that would not help their brand at.all. and no way would L'oreal allow her to state anything but positive things about the company. In fact, I am sure part of her "job" now is to reassure loyal customers that nothing will change. Often times these companies change the formulas hoping no one will notice but, of course, savvy customers can often detect the changes if they've used the products long enough.

I am sure some of the "potential customers" she is referring to are in China and she will be able to do this with L'oreal. She sold it to L'oreal- all the business websites (legitimate) confirm it was a sale, not a partnership, lol.  She does not own a majority of her company so she will be limited in what decisions are made although at first she may have a bit more than she eventually will depending on what the contract states.

She already had a "partnership" with a private equity firm which was suppose to help them grow their company, which they did so now this sell out to L'oreal is the next step and I am sure will allow her to sell to China. 

This is why UD sold to L'oreal- they wanted to sell directly to China so told their customers they would be removing the cruelty free status from their products. There was a huge uproar and so UD backed off the sale to China then just months later sold to L'oreal instead, lol. Just a way to try to circumvent the backlash but as consumers get wiser about the slight of hand (parent companies that test owning companies that claim not to test), you now see the uproar still occurring. Which, obviously, I am thankful for.

But nevertheless, it will be like the other companies that sell- the founder will remain the figurehead for awhile to try to help retain the vast number oft loyal fans of the line.

ETA: Korres has a "partnership" with Johnson and Johnson and I stopped purchasing their products too. The company changed direction alot once the "partnership" occurred.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I mean, what else is she going to say? Of course she will make these claims that everything will stay the same, etc- they ALL do. And maybe she belives it herself although I doubt it since I  am sure she is a smart cookie. It wouldn't be in the company's interest to come out and say that hey things will eventually change with the company over time after the sale. That would be honest but that would not help their brand at.all. and no way would L'oreal allow her to state anything but positive things about the company. In fact, I am sure part of her "job" now is to reassure loyal customers that nothing will change. Often times these companies change the formulas hoping no one will notice but, of course, savvy customers can often detect the changes if they've used the products long enough.

I am sure some of the "potential customers" she is referring to are in China and she will be able to do this with L'oreal. She sold it to L'oreal- all the business websites (legitimate) confirm it was a sale, not a partnership, lol.  She does not own a majority of her company so she will be limited in what decisions are made although at first she may have a bit more than she eventually will depending on what the contract states.

She already had a "partnership" with a private equity firm which was suppose to help them grow their company, which they did so now this sell out to L'oreal is the next step and I am sure will allow her to sell to China. 

This is why UD sold to L'oreal- they wanted to sell directly to China so told their customers they would be removing the cruelty free status from their products. There was a huge uproar and so UD backed off the sale to China then just months later sold to L'oreal instead, lol. Just a way to try to circumvent the backlash but as consumers get wiser about the slight of hand (parent companies that test owning companies that claim not to test), you now see the uproar still occurring. Which, obviously, I am thankful for.

But nevertheless, it will be like the other companies that sell- the founder will remain the figurehead for awhile to try to help retain the vast number oft loyal fans of the line.

ETA: Korres has a "partnership" with Johnson and Johnson and I stopped purchasing their products too. The company changed direction alot once the "partnership" occurred.

You are certainly more informed on companies, policies, tricks, etc. than I am, @HappyDaze and you have aptly identified the "slight of hand".  I didn't quite catch the potential sales market being China, but that certainly makes sense.  I wouldn't doubt it if things remain the same for the immediate future, but there's no guarantee that it will be sustained indefinitely.  If things go the same route as all the others we've heard about, it's doubtful.  Bottom line, partnership or sale, the fact that money from well intentioned consumers will be funneled to the top company - in this case, L'oreal. 

Until late last year/early this year I honestly never made a big deal out of cruelty free makeup and skincare products but started to reconsider.  I don't believe animals and humans are equal and I believe they were initially put here for "our" use (work and food).   Lately, though, I've been contemplating the whole animal testing thing when it comes to makeup and skincare and it all just seems so unnecessary.  Someone posted the other day about holding a dog's eye open and spraying hairspray into it. That hit me.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I appreciate the respectful conversation regarding this issue and appreciate your thoughts and comments on the subject of animal testing. And I agree about the comment regarding spraying hair spray in a dog's eyes. When I look at my sweet doggies I can't even imagine doing that to them. Smiley Sad