Esteemed Contributor

Re: It cosmetics just sold to L'oreal

Usually in a buyout such as this, the company won't change much for a while. Jaimie might stay on for a certain amount of time during the transition period. The buyout co. says that nothing is going to change - plenty changes once the transition period is over.

Unless Jaimie has a specific contract which covers a specified position or time period, etc. she won't stick around long. As far as her employees from IT, some may or may not be invited.

I don't know if Jaimie will be able to have a say on animal testing once she is gone and the deal is said and done.

Trusted Contributor

I will finish what I have:foundation, blush, eye shadow and bronzer. But I'm done. I will not support animal testing.
Respected Contributor

@nylindy wrote:

I'm happy for Jamie but there goes the brand. It will not be the same. Look at Philosophy who was sold to Coty. The skincare is all over the place; seriously how many products do you need for wrinkles in one collection? Same thing with BE who was sold to Shiseido. Leslie no longer appears. She made it special and was very passionate about the products. Now the brand became more like a department store brand. Big companies buying these special brands cheapens them in many ways. We won't be seeing much of Jamie anymore. . L'oreal's quality in eye shadows,blush and foundation is cheap. Only good thing is their mascaras.  I hope this does not happen to IT.

The only items I ever bought from iT were the makeup brushes that were offered this past holiday season that came with the silver zippered pouch, purchased 2 sets, 1 for me and 1 for a gift.  I don't buy Loreal products, so I'm good!  Hopefully, the iT formulations won't change.

Super Contributor

Can't believe how so many of you are bashing Jamie she built a great company by hard work and innovation. She had no choice but to protect her family. To say that you will be now boycotting her brand is ridiculous. I'm waiting to see what happens to her line and the quality of the products I'm happy for her
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tara811 wrote:
Can't believe how so many of you are bashing Jamie she built a great company by hard work and innovation. She had no choice but to protect her family. To say that you will be now boycotting her brand is ridiculous. I'm waiting to see what happens to her line and the quality of the products I'm happy for her

What is ridiculous is not allowing others to voice their opinion about the sale as many care about the direction of the company beause things like quality, cruely free, etc is important to some of us. Last time I checked it is America where we are free to discuss these things and free to choose what brands we want to support with our hard earned money or boycott, for whatever reasons we deem important to us.

Contributor

Wow how SAD....... I really loved it cosmetics and actualy believed in the brand.   We all know the quality will go down because of the bottom line with  large companies.  Thoes of us who have supported this brand and purchased every TSV from the start.  No to mention all of the 5 star reviews and other orders.  I shop here becuase i want better quailty than drug store quailty cosmetics.   Wow Jamie faked us out good, i thougth she actually cared about her brand and customers.   Guess the all mighty buck wins again.  Better stock up on brushes before Loreal changes them for cheaper quality.

Honored Contributor

@Tara811 wrote:

She had no choice but to protect her family?  What is that supposed to mean?  Her husband is successful in his own right and believe me, she's not hurting.  I don't know their parental status.  Even so, everyone ALWAYS has a choice.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I never got into IT, but I hate to see L'oreal take over yet another company that does no animal testing.

Aside from that issue, the products always change.  I used Purity facial cleanser for years, and it changed almost immediately.  

The 'new' version is not remotely similar to the one that worked so well for me.

BLAH

Nice wordplay @DrytheSmiley Happy

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Kissn wrote:

What else is new... they take our money... our loyalty... get rich ... sell out... and then do not care when the quality diminishes, watered down by greed ! ~ I surely hope that Jamie has enough humility to NOT do any more shows ... the pretense would be absolutely unbearable! ~ but then, when you sell your soul...?

Drugstores are looking better and better ... we all end up there, anyway !

Feeling betrayed I give up ! ~ 

Jill ~

A bit overdramatic. She didn't exactly sell her soul to the devil, for goodness' sake; she made a business decision to sell her company, something that happens almost daily in the business world.

It wouldn't be the beauty forum without a little drama.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

Sad to hear this. I will use up what I have and move on. I am sure the big company won't miss me, but I choose to speak with my financial support.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.