Trusted Contributor

Re: It bugs me to no end on makeup shows

@SportyShorty07  I like almost all of them. Standouts (other than Number 12 looks just like you") off the top of my head:

"Next stop Willoughby", "The Hunt", "The Masks", "The Lonely" but I could go on and on! haha

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerHead  The "Number 12 Looks Just Like You" completely creeped me out and also helped me realize that its important for women to embrace their own unique beauty rather than trying to conform to a really constricting idealized image.  You know, I think the plot of "Number 12 Looks Just Like You" is coming to life now with so many instagram influencers and young girls getting very similar results from too much filler, lip injections and botox.  They all want to look exotic and different and end up looking the same.   I still remember the final scene of that episode- so unsettling Smiley Very Happy.  That's so funny that you and your husband call your special drinks "A glass of instant smile" I love that!  Such a great line/scene from that episode! 

Respected Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

@SportyShorty07  I like almost all of them. Standouts (other than Number 12 looks just like you") off the top of my head:

"Next stop Willoughby", "The Hunt", "The Masks", "The Lonely" but I could go on and on! haha

@GingerHead  Ooh I've seen all of those! Absolutely fantastic choices! Smiley Very HappyHeart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@GingerHead  The "Number 12 Looks Just Like You" completely creeped me out and also helped me realize that its important for women to embrace their own unique beauty rather than trying to conform to a really constricting idealized image.  You know, I think the plot of "Number 12 Looks Just Like You" is coming to life now with so many instagram influencers and young girls getting very similar results from too much filler, lip injections and botox.  They all want to look exotic and different and end up looking the same.   I still remember the final scene of that episode- so unsettling Smiley Very Happy.  That's so funny that you and your husband call your special drinks "A glass of instant smile" I love that!  Such a great line/scene from that episode! 

Yes,so true. Everyone is turning into a similar overly pulled, drawn, puffy faced and lipped looking alien.  It's sad and I can't imagine growing up in all this mess.....

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

Is anyone else bothered when they show models on ANY makeup show that are "applying" makeup to their faces have absolutely NOTHING on the brush?

Whew, get a grip.  It's seems silly, sure, but there's more to life than to let something so inconsequential bother me.  

It's not like I'm having a conniption fit.  Get a grip!

I merely responded to the words you chose to use.  But somehow I'm in the wrong? OK 🤔🤦‍♀️

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerHead wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

Yes,so true. Everyone is turning into a similar overly pulled, drawn and puffy faced and lipped looking alien.  It's sad and I can't imagine growing up in all this mess.....

@GingerHead  You're so right Smiley Very Happy! Its a very pulled, stretched, plumped and puffy catlike alien look on the botched instagram influencers.  I read and article that said that pre-teens are going to dermatologists in record numbers for help with skin reactions and problems caused by using anti aging products- 13 year olds using anti aging products Smiley FrustratedSmiley Surprised! I miss the look of actresses in the 80's and earlier decades when they had expression lines, smile lines, crows feet, varying lip sizes, God given noses and they were beautiful!! I feel bad for kids growing up with AI imaging and instagram filters- they're trying to emulate the look of influencers who have had extensive plastic surgery and use photoshop in all of their photos.  It's a strange new world, that's for sure! Smiley Very Happy 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for bringing this up. Yes it does! Everyone knows how to use a brush.

Yes you can watch videos to learn how to apply. But what bothers me it is more how the color will look. It bothers me most when the reps do it. Shawn who I lkike will say you onlly need to apply this much or use the color this way.. I look and nothing is being applyed. But they are acting like they are appling it. Also the hair tools, the hair is already done. Not an accurate demonstration of makup or hair tools They dont have to come out bare faced they can apply a small amout of product. Makes you wonder if they really have the product demonstrated on. They at times go on to another make and product.

Skin care before and after pictures the before they smile showing wrinkles the after no smile.. Just my thoughts.That is what this is suppose to be about not who is write or wrong.

Respected Contributor

@annieo  Excellent points, Annieo Smiley Very Happy! I wish that QVC could bring out models with slightly damp hair and have them use the round brush blow dryers live on TV- even if the end result isn't perfect. I want to see how the dryer would work when someone uses it themselves instead of having the hair professionally styled before the presentation.  I want before photos of skincare and hair to be honest- none of the forced frowns and bad lighting in the before photos or intentionally tangled and 2nd or 3rd day hair in the before photos for hair product demos.  I love QVC and the on air presentations- I just want them to be a little more realistic now that I know about their tricks that they sometimes use Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@snipsnapsnur    I can't think of anyone around our age and even younger who doesn't know basic makeup application w/ a brush. 

The models are most of the time wearing a full face and even mascara. Who doesn't know how to hold a mascara wand by now? They apply it anyway until they have spider lashes...3 or 4 coats by the time they're finished.

What gets me more is on the Tarte shows. The models are putting the lipsticks on a 1/2" over their lip lines to demo the plumping quality. Well sure, I'd have puffy, larger lips too if I went that far outside the line!!! 

Yes!!!  The half applied lipstick waaaay over the lip line, lolol!  They really take us for gullible!

Or just plain stupid.

Respected Contributor

According to Goggle, Stacey Schieffelin was taken to civil court by QVC.........