Occasional Contributor

I remember years ago It Cosmetics was the brand to have. I felt like Jame was always on the Q with It Cosmetics. It was always selling out. So many products to chose from. Now, I feel like the items are slim to pick from. There really isn't even a liogloss. Barely any eyeshadows. Just a couple blush shades. 

There's no Beauty Book this holiday season, somehting I always looked forward to.

Is It Cosmetics not doing as well as it used to? Is it in danger or closing? 

What are your thoughts! 

Valued Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics popularity?

I saw a Beauty Book before the Holidays.

Occasional Contributor

I checked daily for one. After nothing came out, I contacted.  And It Cosmetics confirmed they weren't doing one. 

Respected Contributor

The only beauty book I have seen this season was from Laura Geller.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

There was a time when It Cosmetics had a prime spot in the nearby Ulta stores, but that space has dwindled to the point that you have to search for the brand.  

I've not been impressed with the recent TSVs and Big Deals on QVC.  Some seemed like they were just clearning out inventory.  I feel that the CC Cream is inconsistent in many ways - color matching, drying, product transfer - compared to previous purchases.  I used to like the eye products, but recent purchases irritated my eyes and contacts.  Even the brush in one of my last QVC purchases broke as I pulled it out of the package.  

Desiree's presentations are somewhat comical as she brushes the CC Cream all over her neck and chest.  A few months ago, she applied Bye Bye Undereye all over her face, neck, and chest as if it were a foundation or self-tanner, and she encouraged viewers to do the same.  The It products may cover her acne, but I don't think the coverage lasts very long, and I question whether or not it's the products that are causing her acne since she stresses they're developed by plastic surgeons rather than dermatologists.

Honored Contributor

Cosmetic companies are scaling back on excessive packaging in order to appeal to consumers' desire to 'save the environment'. Going minimalist seems to a better way to save on cost and remain sustainable.

Trusted Contributor

I still use a few things from IT.  I buy them on their website, but I did get a great deal on the foundation I use plus the brush here at QVC recently.  

Respected Contributor

Seems like after Jamie sold her business to L'Oréal it hasn't been the same. You can also purchase IT at Ulta.

Respected Contributor

1tuffcookie..Desiree wears way too much makeup..!
Honored Contributor

@SweetMissLaura19    I used the brow pencil for years, but that found others I liked better. I could never find a match in the CC cream/foundations in ULTA and don't usually purchase makeup/skincare from Q.