Respected Contributor

It Cosmetics March 2016 TSV - BOMBED!!!!!

I wonder if QVC and Jaime Lima aka It Cosmetics will finally learn what they should and should not include in a TSV or at least give options!

Three days later, both the A/D and one time shipment still has availability in some shades.

Perhaps, they will think that because there was no foundation, some new prospective purchasers passed. But what they should consider is illumination is basically "show your flaws"!!!

Many women complain that they have difficulty getting their true shade. Some women just buy two different colors and blend to get their desired color. I am sure some women, will never be able to get this line to match their complexion color.

Who likes to stick their fingers in a cleansing jar to wipe all over your face? I like a pump!

How many different blushes do you really need. Bye Bye Blush, Illumination Blush....etc.  Much of this is just changing the name slightly with different packaging.

And how many of you opted to forgo the March 25th TSV, in a stance to show that you do not support It Cosmetics being sold by that infomercial company because so many customers have had issues! Not only with It Cosmetics but with other products by other companies?

And these forum chats with TSV companies. Someone mentioned these were automated. The computer picks out a word or a series of words and then a computer generated response is posted.

It doesn't matter if I like every product in a TSV or have excess or multiples because it is always fun to give things to others whom you feel would enjoy the product.

However, I always enjoy those TSVs which contain all great products!

I realize that Jaime makes a special luxiour linle of brushes for Ultra. However, I think we all know that the black handled brushes sold on QVC are usually the better quality brushes than the all chrome brushes.

We also prefer a one sided bush because it is difficult to store upright. Perhaps a smaller version for travel sized or to keep in one's purse makes sense. But for full sizes, one sided brushes are best.

I wonder if anyone who makes decisions reads this. Probably not. 

Valued Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics March 2016 TSV - BOMBED!!!!!

I didn't buy because: I couldn't get it in a match for my skin tone - light isn't fair enough - and the illumination wasn't appealing.  Another poster here on the forums said it best: women don't just come in 5 shades, and IT needs to consider catering to all women at both ends of the spectrum (and I wholeheartedly agree with her!).  We all can't be pigeonholed into 1 of 5 shades.

So overall, it just wasn't a good fit for me.  I'll be interested to see what the reviews are like when they come in.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am NOT one who will not buy a company's products because the venues they use to sell the product might have terrible CS, I just simply don't buy through that particular venue!  That is like being mad at Josie maran and boycotting her products because my Sephora where I might buy her products s*cks and has terrible CS. That makes no sense- it is like cutting off your nose to spite your face!

I am sorry but if I like a company's products, I just buy them from a place that has good customer service and don't hold it against the company itself. They cannot control the CS of all the places they sell their product. It is ridiculous to think that they could or should.

Honored Contributor

Do other vendors offer more than 5 shades? I ordered this TSV, and the IT one before that. I had not ordered any beauty TSV'S in 3 years. Love them. 

Respected Contributor

Based on the demo Jamie does with her Bye Bye Foundation on the GR infomercial, I want to try that product.  But it isn't offered on QVC.  Since she makes it clear on that site that it is by far her best ever foundation in terms of coverage, I can't see buying any other foundation products at the Q.  I did try Celebration Foundation a few months back, and can't use it because it is so drying.  And I can't use the mascara because the ball on the end of the brush doesn't do it for my skimpy lashes. 

I'm not boycotting her because of the Bye Bye Foundation, but until I get a good foundation I'm not buying any other products from Jamie at this time.  Don't really need anything else.  

And just by the way the answer I got on the Community Chat yesterday did not in any way answer my questions.

Contributor

It Cosmetics foundations are a no-go for me because they have peach undertones and my skin has yellow/olive undertones.  The only time that I now shop It Cosmetics is for their brushes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Want to throw my 2 cents in here.  I don't think the TSV exactly bombed - they sold a lot. ITA as far as GR not being a site I would order from, and I would also love to try the line they carry, but from QVC in a kit.  If it were brought here, it wouldn't be an astronomical price for piecemeal (the IT site) or have us locked into an ordering scheme. Wen seems to get away with it somehow.

I did watch a YT review of that CC foundation and her CC Cream, split face, and there was absolutely no difference!  I was very surprised. 

The new Bye Bye in the TSV should have been swatched.   They could have had swatches already on the model's arms to show. I did order but have a feeling medium won't work, and didn't see light on a single model. I had said I wouldn't buy more from IT until they offered more shades, but I caved. They never showed light on a model at all.

I would love a matte Bye Bye for zits and spots that dries down and doesn't need powder to not budge - in a range of neutral shades. Not orange-based. I notice they never ever address undertones.  Someone asked on FB and they ignored that part of the question when answering.

Honored Contributor

I passed on this TSV.

OP, I agree with everything you said.

As for swatching; I often wonder if they don't do this because they KNOW it will differ from what they are saying as to how well the shade will work for XYZ or because it will show the true finish. NO ONE needs to highlight that area.... it goes against what every makeup artist has ever done to me or GF's or that I've read by the pros.

I don't know... IT just doesn't impress me anymore with their spiel.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it was ridiculous that they used that tiny bottle of concealer as foundation on the models! But they wouldn't of looked good if they didn't do that because no foundation was included (and they're gorgeous).

I'm also disappointed Jamie didn't let her loyal QVC customers try her newest foundation (Bye Bye Foundation).  You have to get it from the infomercial and who wants to do that?  It was an odd, and not very well thought out, TSV!

Honored Contributor

Just because it didn't match preferences of the OP or some others doesn't mean that it was a bomb.

Quite a bit of drama over a cosmetics kit. Just sayin'.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland