Respected Contributor

It Cosmetics 1/16/16 TSV Review

[ Edited ]

Hi. I was wondering what your impressions were with this TSV?

I have medium toned skin, more light than dark especially in the winter.

I received this yesterday, so today was the first time I used it. Veil foundation is lighter in coverage than the CC Cream (in a tube). Seems that it would be better for the warmer months when I can't wear the CC Cream in a tube because it is too heavy. I prefer to wear powder or nothing unless I am indoors.  I applied this with the dual ended brush.

I had difficulty getting product on the  brush with the cream blush. I actually had to squeeze the bristles together to get product on the bristles. Color comes across very lightly and doesn't look too pinkish.

Je Ne Sais Quoi Blurred Lines Lipstick barely can be seen on my lips. I even lined my lips with a coffee bean color. I applied this lipstick numerous times hoping to see some color. Tomorrow, I'll try a lip brush to see if it works better. In the end, I just applied another color (Pretty Woman) on top of the Je Ne Sais Quoi color. BTW, this Je Ne Sais Quoi color does not change color like the other Je Ne Sai Quoi Lip Stain does. Actually, how could it change color when there is basically no color to see?

If you want to continue using the Veil Compact, this TSV is a good deal because of the refill it comes with. I do wish the cream blush and blurred lipstick came in a different color with the auto delivery. I also like the skinny pencil in taupe much better than the Perfect Brow with a thicker lead that will come with the auto delivery (minus the 2 brushes) if you chose this option.

Update: I wanted to add that I got this TSV in record time. I ordered on Saturday morning and it got to California on Tuesday.  UPS Ground Shipping.

TSV came with a sample of confidence in a cream (haven't tried it) and bye bye undereye.

Valued Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics 1/16/16 TSV Review

Mine says it was delivered today so I am excited to try it out. 

Regular Contributor

I really like this TSV. I already knew before I ordered it that I loved the CC Veil because I've used it before. Since this came with a refill it was a good deal so I jumped on it. I do prefer applying it with the brush that QVC sells with it (item A257368). I get better results with that brush then when I tried it this morning with the double-ended brush. I do like the small end of the double-ended brush for concealing under eyes and in areas where i need a little more coverage. 

I agree with your comments on the blush and lipstick. It does seem hard to pull product using the blush brush, but since I'm fair-skinned and don't love myself in pinks, that ends up being a good thing for me. It ensures that I only get a light hint of color on my cheeks instead of looking like a clown. I like the blush, don't love the color, and would have preferred a different (and warmer) shade in the next AD.

The lipstick is moisturing which is great. It's a light wash of color, also good for me since I'm fair and pink is not my best color. For me this would work better as a Spring/Summer shade than it does in the Winter. At least it's not the same ghastly pink as the lip stain. By the end of the day that one looks awful on me.

I've never tried the skinny brow but the universal one that comes in the AD works for me. It's not my favorite brow product (that would be Anastasia), but I do like it so I know I'll use it.

I'll definitely keep the AD, but will probably give the blush and lip to my daughter. I'll keep one of each, but I don't think I'll use more than that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like a return to me.  I received mine today but won't use it tomorrow because I don't want a spoiled looking face to go to work in.  Will try it over the weekend when the blizzard is here.  Nobody will see me hahahaha. 

Trusted Contributor

@CalMom  I just posted on your long positive review elsewhere..seems you love it now Smiley Wink!! good thing!

Hope I do!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Mar just to clear up any confusion, Doglvr and Doglover3 are 2 different posters with similar nics.  Confusing for sure.  Doglover3 loves the kits so far.

Respected Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@CalMom  I just posted on your long positive review elsewhere..seems you love it now Smiley Wink!! good thing!

Hope I do!

Mar, yes as Desi said, we are 2 different posters but evidently both love dogs, lol.

yes, do really really love this kit, a true winner for me.

Glad you read my very positive review, really really do love this whole kit.

Respected Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

Hi. I was wondering what your impressions were with this TSV?

I have medium toned skin, more light than dark especially in the winter.

I received this yesterday, so today was the first time I used it. Veil foundation is lighter in coverage than the CC Cream (in a tube). Seems that it would be better for the warmer months when I can't wear the CC Cream in a tube because it is too heavy. I prefer to wear powder or nothing unless I am indoors.  I applied this with the dual ended brush.

I had difficulty getting product on the  brush with the cream blush. I actually had to squeeze the bristles together to get product on the bristles. Color comes across very lightly and doesn't look too pinkish.

Je Ne Sais Quoi Blurred Lines Lipstick barely can be seen on my lips. I even lined my lips with a coffee bean color. I applied this lipstick numerous times hoping to see some color. Tomorrow, I'll try a lip brush to see if it works better. In the end, I just applied another color (Pretty Woman) on top of the Je Ne Sais Quoi color. BTW, this Je Ne Sais Quoi color does not change color like the other Je Ne Sai Quoi Lip Stain does. Actually, how could it change color when there is basically no color to see?

If you want to continue using the Veil Compact, this TSV is a good deal because of the refill it comes with. I do wish the cream blush and blurred lipstick came in a different color with the auto delivery. I also like the skinny pencil in taupe much better than the Perfect Brow with a thicker lead that will come with the auto delivery (minus the 2 brushes) if you chose this option.

Update: I wanted to add that I got this TSV in record time. I ordered on Saturday morning and it got to California on Tuesday.  UPS Ground Shipping.

TSV came with a sample of confidence in a cream (haven't tried it) and bye bye undereye.

DogLvr, I too posted a review but unlike you, the lipstick would be way too dark for me if I wouldn't have used a very light soft touch, barely touch the lipstick to my lips and had plenty of color. I will say my lips are pale without anything so that may make a difference?

I still have the whole kit on after more than 10 hours so yes, sure does has staying power for me.

the lipstick still has color, more like a soft lip stain now and if I would be going out again I would probably put either a clear lip balm or clear lip gloss over the color that is still there but wouldn't be needed if I didn't want to. The color would be way too dark for me if I would put too much or or press too hard, same with the blush but I used the smallest amount and it is lovely, very natural looking, love it and a true cream blush, doesn't shoe lines like powder do which show up lines we don't even know we had, lol.

Honored Contributor

Received mine last night. Foundation is she, which is fine for me. I  apply it over my SPF50 (has a white base) and the foundation works on my NW10 skin. Blush is great; no issue applying color with brush. The lipstick however, is garish on me. No one liked it so that's a toss in the garbage.

I'm keeping it but cancelling the autoship.

Contributor

If anyone is interested,  I also got the tsv.  When I apply the blush,  I then sweep over my cheeks the Je Ne Sais Quoi matte vitality powder blush over my cheeks to add a pop of color because the cream blush appears faint to me.  I remember Bobbi Brown giving this advice when using her cream blush.