Esteemed Contributor

Isomers Vitamin C kit -- too drying!

I've been using an Isomers Vitamin C kit for 2 1/2 weeks. The kit includes cleanser, serum, cream and peel. I used the cleanser, serum, and cream every morning. I used the peel once every 4 nights instead of my retinol cream.

My complexion is now so dry, it's red and peeling. And I have oily skin! The only change I made in my daily skin routine was using the Isomers, so I assume that's what's causing my skin problems. I quit using the Isomers products yesterday.

I'll add that I have occasional rosacea and this is the worst "flare up" that I've had in years. Also, I've used another brand of Vit C serum for over 10 years that never caused a flare up, so it's not that my complexion isn't used to Vit C.

Did anyone else have this problem with Isomers Vitamin C?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Re: Isomers Vitamin C kit -- too drying!

I only use the serum and have never had a problem. I did not like any of the other products. The eye serum was ok but I could never pump out the amount I needed - too much always came out - so I stopped using it.

ETA: Maybe you are using the peel too often. Once a week might be better.

Trusted Contributor

Personally I did not like any of the Vitamin C line. I bought the 4 piece kit when it debuted a few years ago and wish I sent it back as it ended up getting thrown in the trash. I do like some Isomers products but for me, this line was a total bust. I did not like the texture of the serum or cream, the cleanser just did not cleanse and left a weird residue on my skin and the eye serum made the skin around my eyes darker and dry, it was awful. I suggest you stop using right away and send the kit back. My skin was combination with oily nose & forehead. I don't remember it making my face skin dry but I didn't use it long enough either.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Esteemed Contributor

Love the Isomers Vitamin C kit, it really brightens and firms my skin. That being said I only use it as an alternate meaning it's either a once a day kit for me or every couple of days once a day as an intensive C treatment.

It sounds like the peel which is gentle for my sensitive skin is being way over done. Even though its enzyme I would never put that on 4 times a week.

You should email them and tell them your concern.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks all! glad to hear I'm not the only one disappointed in these products.

Hopi, I only used the cleanser, serum, and cream once a day, in the mornings. I only used the peel 2X a week (every 4 nights). Currently, I haven't used the peel since last Monday night (almost a week ago) and I don't plan to ever use it again. I'm done with all of it!

UMD, you're absolutely correct! The cleanser felt 'weird' going on and left a residue on my skin.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

How amazing that our skin reactions are so different. I actually use the Ccleanser because my dry skin loves it. Some people found it too much of a good thing as it is loaded with Cand minerals. I use it like a mask also.. iIt keeps my skin supple and firm.
Super Contributor

It sounds like the peel may be too much for you. They have great customer service. I would email them through their website.