Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried this?  Like this?

I ordered it (a trio) sometime before christmas and just getting around the trying it now.  It has a weird smell / taste.  Is that normal?  I mean - that doesn't last long but initally it's very offputting.   Is this something anyone else has experienced?  You think it's ok?  Have you had nice results from it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Isomers Lip Firming Serum

I love Isomers but I don't understand the lip firming serum. Do people have problems with their lips sagging? That's probably the only place that hasn't sagged on me!

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse  Funny!!  You have a point, it's misnamed.  When I was watching the presentation she said that it would add volume to the lips and redefine the lips at the edges - so give a nice shape and volume back that someone may have lost over time.

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@GenXmuse  Funny!!  You have a point, it's misnamed.  When I was watching the presentation she said that it would add volume to the lips and redefine the lips at the edges - so give a nice shape and volume back that someone may have lost over time.

Ha! Thank you for explaining it. I was wondering if they just meant plumper but the "firming" part threw me off! I hope you get good results with it. I'd be interested in what others think of this too. Maybe I'll check online for reviews at shophq. I wish QVC sold this line or HSN. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars I haven't used the lip firming serum but have used a lot of other Isomers products.  There should be an alphanumeric code on the bottom of each bottom that is the manufacture date.  Here's how to decode it:

The first letter is the day (A = 1, B = 2, etc), the second is the year (S = 2019, T= 2020, U = 2021, V = 2022) and the third is the month of manufacture (A = January through L = December).

Unopened products have a 3 year shelf life.  If it is close to expiration, follow up with ShopHQ.  If it's not, you can contact Isomers CS at 855-940-2465 to ask them about the odor.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Linmo!

Those numbers are hard to read - are in light blue and printed over bumpy embossed dark glass on the underside of the bottle.  I think from what I can see, DVK I believe are the starting letters, so per the legend you posted of the codes, all should be fine with the date. 

Would love to hear from somebody whether they think their serum has an offputting taste/smell.

I'll probably call Isomers this week just to be sure of everything.

Trusted Contributor

I have used the lip serum, it does the job. you do not need any additional lip balm to moisturize. I used it when nothing else worked on my chapped lips. It was my go to serum several years ago but wasn't always available on shopHq. So I had to move on. I think the key ingredient if I remember correctly is Maxi-Lip from Sedema. 

As per google - Maxi-Lip™ is a natural peptide stabilized by being coupled to a palmitoyl chain. It stimulates collagen and glycosaminoglycan synthesis, in particular hyaluronic acid. This product is used in lip care and make-up applications. Maxi-Lip™ moisturises lips and makes them firmer, smoother and better defined.

Respected Contributor

@FLGators   what did you move on to?  And do you happen to remember if you thought the taste/smell was a bit offputting?

Honored Contributor

This is a very old product that Manuela just recently brought back from the vault. I had a 3 bottle set about 20 years ago. 

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars If this doesn't work for you,  Skinn has a 6x lip serum product that is occasionally available on HSN.  I have used it successfully in the past:

Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 9.48.23 AM.png