Valued Contributor

Re: Is this Dr. P. TSV all that and a bag of chips??

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sassenach1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

His products are probably more effective than most but whether the price of admission is worth it....I think it depends on an individualized approach. As far as Paula's Choice ...there's a real conflict of interest there. I tried a lot of her products and didn't like any of them. I think it's like asking Estée Lauder to give reviews on Revlon products.

Totally agree, @Trinity11

IMHO, Paula lost all credibility when she started her own product line.  

@sassenach1 I know the common response to this is that she still favorably reviews many of her competition's products but for the most part I am a skeptic. 

I've never bought into that argument. 😀  No credibility for me anymore.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sassenach1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

His products are probably more effective than most but whether the price of admission is worth it....I think it depends on an individualized approach. As far as Paula's Choice ...there's a real conflict of interest there. I tried a lot of her products and didn't like any of them. I think it's like asking Estée Lauder to give reviews on Revlon products.

@sassenach1 I know the common response to this is that she still favorably reviews many of her competition's products but for the most part I am a skeptic. 

I would be too except the products of hers I've tried really work for me. 

Valued Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sassenach1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I would be too except the products of hers I've tried really work for me. 

Her products, overall, are good.  IMHO, she should have given up her Beautypedia interest when she started Paula's Choice.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@HULAGIRL wrote:

I'm an Isomers girl for many years, but I can't believe I'm being tempted by this.......any users who can give me their opinions??

@HULAGIRL

Huh?    All WHAT and a bag of chips ???

Oh, tink, tink, tink @Tinkrbl44, it's an expression, here being used to ask whether the products are all that people say they are. It's not literal. :-)

If I say that I'm all that and a bag of chips, well, then I'm just amazing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

Thanks Suzy .... never heard that expression before and it looked like a typo ....  or a word was obviously omitted.  LOL    Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I used a product from the Kate S. line many years ago.  It said to keep it on your face no longer than 2 mins...   I kept it on for a minute,  just to test it out.  It caused a patch that was almost like a little burn on my cheek,  and I do not have sensitive skin at all.  I tried a number of different products to heal the mark,  and nothing worked.  I then turned to the Dr. P line that I had just purchased to see if it would help.  It did.  I started using the line and it absolutely is the most effective for me.  Yes,  I use and try other things,  but the core products for me come from Perricone.  His EYE SERUM is AMAZING.   I'm on AD for the last TSV.   I regularly use all the products and they last a VERY VERY long time since you only need just a little.

I think we all need to judge what works, what doesn't and how we choose to spend our money.  I appreciate all the reviews, suggestions and comments,  but tend to shake my head on those comments that suggest there is only one beat to march to.   I hope everyone finds those products that they enjoy using and that work for them. 

Trusted Contributor

Well since I am a beauty and skin care addict, I tell you there is a difference, NO AVON works and I love Perricone PTR and a few others and if you don't like it after two weeks send it back. 

Trusted Contributor

Sealed in what way?  Mine are not sealed from the Q if you are saying I have to tear off when I open the lid a paper or foil?  They are in a box only.

Trusted Contributor

Without a box, they are returns probably from stores.

Trusted Contributor

Is our skin oily?  You did not notice any hydration at all in your skin and that your skin had not aged at all.............in 6 months............????   If you saw no difference then you did not get new wrinkles.  I think his products keep wrinkles away...........they are going to come but no as fast.

Also I know skin care is expensive and so is makeup, good makeup but you know I don't drink have cable, go to movies or out to eat so many people spend money this way and if they cut out these things they could afford good skin care half off at the Q