Respected Contributor

Is there an ingredient difference in Skinn Radiance serum/cream..??

I looked up both the Radiance serum and the cream..I'm not sure I see any difference between the serum and cream.  I know creams are thicker, so I thought maybe the serum would be more potent being thinner and applied first.   Can anyone explain the difference, other than one being more thicker than the other??   Appreciate your answers!!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there an ingredient difference in Skinn Radiance serum/cream..??

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin  Here are the ingredients lists for both.

Enlightened Radiance Serum Intense Pure Brightening Treatment: Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, Glycerin, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Niacinamide, Pichia/Resveratrol Ferment Extract, Melanin, Oligopeptide-68, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Hexylresorcinol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, Peg-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Ethyl Linoleate, Cetyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Trideceth-6, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Polyacrylate, Propanediol, Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Oleate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol. Average Days of Supply: 30

Enlightened Radiance Enriched Skin Tone Correcting & Brightening Cream: Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, Ethylhexyl Olivate, Coconut Alkanes, Niacinamide, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Camellia Sinensis (Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pichia/Resveratrol Ferment Extract, Hexylresorcinol, Ethyl Linoleate, Panthenol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp (Mushroom) Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-68, Propanediol, Cetyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Bisabolol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trideceth-6, Sodium Phytate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Oleate, Peg-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Fragrance\Parfum, Water\Aqua, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891). Average Days of Supply: 30

I'm going through them and will get back to you on if there's an actual different ingredient in one or the other, but in the mean time, I'm guessing that with some things it might be the order of ingredients (concentration) that may have an impact on the actual consistency.

Honored Contributor

I actually see several differences in the ingredient decks.  Regarding your particular question, though, the one thing that jumped out at me is that the cream has xanthan gum, which is used as a thickener in cosmetics.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Dazlin  Here are the ingredients lists for both.

Enlightened Radiance Serum Intense Pure Brightening Treatment: Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, Glycerin, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Niacinamide, Pichia/Resveratrol Ferment Extract, Melanin, Oligopeptide-68, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Hexylresorcinol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, Peg-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Ethyl Linoleate, Cetyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Trideceth-6, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Polyacrylate, Propanediol, Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Oleate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol. Average Days of Supply: 30

Enlightened Radiance Enriched Skin Tone Correcting & Brightening Cream: Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, Ethylhexyl Olivate, Coconut Alkanes, Niacinamide, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Camellia Sinensis (Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pichia/Resveratrol Ferment Extract, Hexylresorcinol, Ethyl Linoleate, Panthenol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp (Mushroom) Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-68, Propanediol, Cetyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Bisabolol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trideceth-6, Sodium Phytate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Oleate, Peg-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Fragrance\Parfum, Water\Aqua, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891). Average Days of Supply: 30

I'm going through them and will get back to you on if there's an actual different ingredient in one or the other, but in the mean time, I'm guessing that with some things it might be the order of ingredients (concentration) that may have an impact on the actual consistency.

Hi @Dazlin! I notice the cream and serum both contain 5 forms of vitamin C which I have highlighted... the serum is the replacement for his Brightside serum and is virtually identical except he added niaminicide,I think...the serum contains melanin which I believe topically helps block full spectrum light from damaging skin...I suggest watching the videos on Evine about these products!!!

I love his brightening products (they do NOT contain skin bleaches like hydroquinone! YAY!) I use both the serum and cream daytimes...the cream has a slight tint so I mix half a pump of that with a pump of the serum, mix them together and use it that way...it seems to cut down the "glow" which many love but I find unnecessary... HTH's

Respected Contributor

THANK-YOU both verrrry much!!   I'm glad to see they both have equal amounts of C ingredients, and yes, they look pretty similar.  I could understand the cream being more emollient, being thicker.   I didn't realize the cream is tinted...I have verry fair skin.   I think I'll consider the serum, as long as it doesn't ball up under foundation.  I'm not really sure yet...I'll wait till he's on again.  I'm using the Collagenis(just got it), blue jar, so something over might be nice.

I really appreciate the detailed explanation here...XOXO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin wrote:

THANK-YOU both verrrry much!!   I'm glad to see they both have equal amounts of C ingredients, and yes, they look pretty similar.  I could understand the cream being more emollient, being thicker.   I didn't realize the cream is tinted...I have verry fair skin.   I think I'll consider the serum, as long as it doesn't ball up under foundation.  I'm not really sure yet...I'll wait till he's on again.  I'm using the Collagenis(just got it), blue jar, so something over might be nice.

I really appreciate the detailed explanation here...XOXO

@Dazlin  To clarify, they both have the same multiple varieties of Vitamin C, but that doesn't mean they're are in equal amounts.  In any given ingredient deck, the ingredients are listed in highest concentration to lowest so the higher up the active ingredient, the better.  Even though the varieties of Vitamin C are in both preparations, they don't appear to be in the same spot on each list so they aren't equal.  It would appear that you'd get more bang for your buck with the serum.  That's usually the case since serums are more concentrated.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for bringing that out...really good to know!!