Trusted Contributor

Is there an eye cream that actually works?

I am looking for an eye cream that gets rid of, or at least reduces, the small wrinkles under the eye. Has anyone found anything that works? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there an eye cream that actually works?

[ Edited ]
Moments ago, Came here to leave review about my eye cream. 58 my skin needs have dramatically changed. Dry sensitve issues! Yet happy to report as of this writing my skin is balanced, Thanks! To Philosophy TSV 4 Iconic items. Which leads me to your question. Back story concerning my eyes, Several months ago used Tarte Rainforest Pallet experienced horrid allergic reaction, Dr prescribed ointment eyes healed. After that, Decided needed eye cream do to fact! Allergic reaction left my lids looking awful!! Ugh Differcult explaining, Fact is wrinkles folded skin! Hot mess!!!! Enjoying 💁 Philosophy, Decided search for eye cream. Tried Hope *Renew* eye cream, Irritated my eyes, Do to alpha hydroxy. Returned back searching. Pleased reporting, Found my eye cream! *When Hope isn't Enough Eye Cream* Amazing!!!! Hydrating, Cooling. Lid Issues, Disappeared. A280323 set comes with serum value excellent! Love the serum too. Originally, Chose the eye cream alone, NEVER!! Want to be without. In the past, Believed eye cream wasn't necessary, From my experience, Realize the importance. Lastly, Love!! Philosophy chose using glass instead of plastic.
Esteemed Contributor

You might want to try a serum instead of cream.  Creams can give you milia and leave you puffy.

Isomers has a five minute night enzyme peel and a All in one eye serum that gives nice results fast.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

You might want to try a serum instead of cream.  Creams can give you milia and leave you puffy.

Isomers has a five minute night enzyme peel and a All in one eye serum that gives nice results fast.

I've used eye cream for the past 50 years and have NEVER experienced any milia or puffiness. I only will use cream over serum. Clinique works best for me and I have no wrinkles around my eyes whatsoever. Been using Clinique since I was in my teens (I'm 62 now). Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Weird, but first check your facial cleanser. I have combo/oily/easily dehydrated/breaks out from everything/old skin. So I need a cleanser that cleans my face (I use argan oil to break down makeup) but doesn't break me out or dry me out. If my cleanser (doesn't matter what skin type that they claim that they are for-they can all do it) is too drying it shows in my eye area & makes it look so awful. And, I don't even realize it sometimes. I just see how dry & crinkled my eye area looks & think that I need a different eye cream. Also, products for the eye that say that they are tightening/firming actually make my eye area look bad, because they don't give it enough moisture. Just a couple of things to think about. I use Mac Mineralize Charged Water or Nuance by Salma Hayek Anti Aging Smoothing Eye Cream. They give me the moisture that I need around my eyes. I can use them at night or under makeup & they are both great.

Respected Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

I am looking for an eye cream that gets rid of, or at least reduces, the small wrinkles under the eye. Has anyone found anything that works? TIA

I bought and have been using daily Consult Beaute regenerol eye cream, made for these pesky lines.

Very skeptical since I had been using Lancome Progres Eye, but the Consult Beaute has actually worked! Works well w/eye makeup.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Avon Anew Eye Lift Duo.  It works for me - both puffy undereye  and eyelid.  I don't know how long it's been, but I'm on my third jar.   I only use it in the morning.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had great results with Dr. Denese MD33 EYE.  I also used Dr. Denese eye fixxer upper for upper and lower for years and had good results. I am in the 50++ and holding range and have the dark cicles, puffiness and some fine lines. Half of my problem is that I have a ton of allergies and the other half is that it's hereitary. I never get enough sleep. This skincare line works for me and I see results. You only need to use a little bit and it lasts and lasts.  

Honored Contributor

Over the years I tried many different eye creams and stopped buying them because I never saw any results.  Today I swear by Marula oil or even Argan oil that you use once a day at bedtime all over your face.  If you feel you really have a problem use the oil in the morning also.  Good luck.   Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Something with peptides in it will help, although probably not miraculous. I've heard really good things about Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair but I haven't used it myself. I have used Elysee Fountain of Youth serum from HSN. You can use it all over your face, but I just use it on trouble spots-under eyes, forehead, upper lip/nasal labial area. I then use a very moisturizing regular eye cream over that, something like L'oreal Age Perfect Eye Balm. I started using the Elysee FOY about 15 years ago, and it's been the one thing I've used that improved the fine lines under my eyes. I still use it to maintain and I think it does pretty well. Again, not a miracle but a help. Good luck!