Trusted Contributor

Is there a cheaper alternative to WEN?

I have never tried any of the WEN products, and although I would love to, I just can't afford it right now. My hair is fine, curly, and very brittle! I was just wondering if there are any other products out there that compare to WEN. Thanks!

Re: Is there a cheaper alternative to WEN?

It's been a long time since you posted your question, but I decided to reply anyway.  I've been using Wen for years and I do love the way it works on my hair.  However, like you, the price is much too high.  I save up and purchase a gallon which usually lasts me 18 months.  Recently I heard about another product that was recommended as an alternative for Wen.  Renpure Coconut Milk Nourishing Shampoo & Renpure Coconut Creme CoWash Cleansing Conditioner.  You can get them on-line, but I found them at TJ Maxx.  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The matrix cleansing conditioners are on sale for $17.50  for 33oz at beauty brands till 08/01 And i love love love them!  I have fine streight hair but i been useing the medium hair and curly hair formula ( Acei Berry, Pom) its the best cleansing conitioners I ever tried and they rinse out fast and easy.  You can buy at a local store or beautybrands.com  They make your hair fabioulous and smell yummy.  the fine and curly formula has menthol and the medium, corse hair formula has no menthol.   I love them so much I am going to stock up while on sale.  I have used wen in the past and metrix has them beat.  

Respected Contributor

You can use Suave conditioner to cleanse your hair.
Honored Contributor

I think all brands, even drug store brands have jumped on the cleansing conditioner poo's bandwagan.  Check your drugstore, and of course Costco, if you have one available.  Redken, Matrix, L"anza, Biolage and a few others make them.  Also, try Sally's.  I don't know what price range you are looking for, but I am sure they are less than a bottle of WEN.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Huffington Post listed 11 cleansing conditioners in order of preference

Shampooing is a pretty hot topic here on HuffPost Style. While we've debated the pros and cons of going weeks without washing our hair, praised dry shampoo and experimented with apple cider vinegar hair rinses, we've recently ditched regular shampoo altogether. Stay with us...

We're now washing our scalp and strands with cleansing conditioners. Unlike traditional shampoos, these conditioners contain little to no detergents and chemicals that often leave hair dry, brittle or damaged. Their super-conditioning formulas make them especially ideal for women with thick or curly hair to help maintain moisture.

Thinking of giving cleansing conditioners a try? Here are 11 of our top picks:

cleansing conditioners

Respected Contributor

Hello, sue98. Smiley Happy

I don't know if these will compare to WEN, but Nick Chavez makes some products called Plump 'N Thick shampoo and conditioner, Advanced Volume shampoo and conditioner, and Advanced Plump 'N Thick shampoo and conditioner. They're sold as sets on QVC and should last a good while.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Frequent Contributor

I buy Renpure from Amazon.com..It is a cleansing conditioner and is great for my curly hair..Just a pointer when using it ..just like wen ..do not skimp when applying it..totally coat your hair to the scalp..and rinse multiple times.. I usually do it first in the shower rinse and then rerinse in cool water before I get out. I end up with bouncy curls.. Good luck with your search..
Respected Contributor

i've tried #2 -it's good, but has a heavy vanilla fragrance. i like #4-the pantene. i got at bed,bath and beyond.

ulta usually has a coupon, for a few dollars off, so you could check there/online, for several of these brands.

Respected Contributor

Info from drugstore.com

SheaMoisture Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser, Coconut & Hibiscus - 8 fl oz

This detergent-free product removes impurities without stripping hair of natural oils.  Lightweight moisturizers soften and control frizz in one easy step.  Leaves curls vibrantly bouncy. 

Coconut Oil:  Hydrates and protects hair while reducing breakage.

Silk Protein: Smoothes hair for a soft, silky feel.

Neem Oil: Controls frizz while adding brilliant shine.

No sulfates, parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal testing.

Ethically traded ingredients sustainably produced.  Tested on our family for four generations.  Color safe.

Made in USA