Honored Contributor

Re: Is the search function not working for anyone else but me?

Glad I am not the only one not getting even ONE result now! I even put in the word ""and"" and it says zero results!

Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 HappyDaze said:

Glad I am not the only one not getting even ONE result now! I even put in the word "and" and it says zero results!

Did you first choose a specific category, or "All Categories"?

eta: I just tried "and" in Beauty Banter and got zero results! I'll bet it overwhelmed their system, with all the results it would've had to list.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 9/21/2014 HappyDaze said:

Glad I am not the only one not getting even ONE result now! I even put in the word "and" and it says zero results!

Did you first choose a specific category, or "All Categories"?

eta: I just tried "and" in Beauty Banter and got zero results! I'll bet it overwhelmed their system, with all the results it would've had to list.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

yep, I chose beauty banter every time and still get zero results now, regardless of what I use as a key word. I've used key words that I know there must be thousands and posts about and it just takes longer to load and only gives me the first few dozen posts about it but it has never given me zilch results.

Honored Contributor

You have to get out of the forums and go back to the home page to get the search to work properly.

At least that worked for me!

Super Contributor

May I suggest that instead of using the in-site search feature, you type the words you want into any search engine (google, bing, whatever)? For example, "QVC community flower beauty mascara".

I've been able to find even threads that webbie has poofed, by using the cache facility.

Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 terrier3 said:

You have to get out of the forums and go back to the home page to get the search to work properly.

At least that worked for me!

BINGO, this is it!! Weird that it won't find anything when you are in Beauty only screen but yeah, go back into the general forums page and the search function works. Now THAT is a new one! {#emotions_dlg.blink} Thanks!