Respected Contributor

My skin is so oily.  After I cleanse, I apply Skinn's Enriched Softening Essence which I cannot live without.  It pre-treats and is a hydrating lotion.  After it absorbs into my skin, I apply Skinn's daycream.  When applying makeup I follow these two applications with a primer.  After it dries, I apply my matte liquid foundation.  Had to go to liquid b/c powder foundations make my skin flake and lines appear deeper.

Had dinner last night with my guy, but before getting to the restaurant, I took a look in the mirror and my skin was an oil slick and the makeup looked heavy.  

Here's my thought:  I am going to play with my routine by simply applying the Enriched Softening Essence and skipping the moisturizer when wearing foundation.

Any other suggestions?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Is moisturizer mandatory?

@pommom wrote:

My skin is so oily.  After I cleanse, I apply Skinn's Enriched Softening Essence which I cannot live without.  It pre-treats and is a hydrating lotion.  After it absorbs into my skin, I apply Skinn's daycream.  When applying makeup I follow these two applications with a primer.  After it dries, I apply my matte liquid foundation.  Had to go to liquid b/c powder foundations make my skin flake and lines appear deeper.

Had dinner last night with my guy, but before getting to the restaurant, I took a look in the mirror and my skin was an oil slick and the makeup looked heavy.  

Here's my thought:  I am going to play with my routine by simply applying the Enriched Softening Essence and skipping the moisturizer when wearing foundation.

Any other suggestions?

I would skip the moisturizer, or look for a lighter weight moisturizer. I use a moisturizer by ASDM specifically for combo/oily skin and for me it is great. I have an oily tzone with combo skin, I still get oily in my tzone, but not as bad. I remember reading somewhere that not everyone needs a moisturizer, especially since you are already using your softening essence! 

Honored Contributor

I am 60, have very oily skin, and especially in the summer my skin does better without moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

Let your skin guide you.  There are moisturizing ingredients in the other products we apply.  If you believe the SSE is enough for you, then it's enough for you.  It's been so humid here lately that I've stopped my AM moisturizer.  The serums I use in the morning seem to have enough.