Regular Contributor

Is it time to break up with Mally?

I have been a loyal Mally voluminous mascara user for 4 years. I have turned 4 of my friends and my daughter and her friends onto her line but most of all the mascara. I have cheated a few times but always come back. This last year has been hard. I'm  on auto delivery and I get the duo package. They are either dried out or clumpy. QVC just sent me a replacement for a dried out set for my last A/D and this one is hard to pull out of the tube and clumpy. I may try the Dior show. Anyone else having issues? 

Brokenhearted. Wondering if it's the new company or the fact she's having financial issues? Anyone have the scoop?

Respected Contributor

Re: Is it time to break up with Mally?

Haven't had dried or clumpy mascara from Mally-- been ordering the 6-pack specials for years.

one time I didn't pay attention to what I was doing and kept screwing the lid into the tube:  when it came out, it took the wettest looking blob out of the tube.  My fault there.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I did get a dried out one, as well.  It was from an AD that I had for a few months waiting to get used. ??

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one of her Poreless Face Defender compacts, and it's about half gone.  It's drying out and difficult to open.  I'm not sure if I'll repurchase.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like her products have been sitting around a warehouse too long, maybe waiting for her to get her legal affairs in order?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I think QVC just buys too much of certain items and they sit around too long. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if all cosmetics should have a 'best by' date on them same as other things we use.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I wonder if all cosmetics should have a 'best by' date on them same as other things we use.

@JustJazzmom, I have often made this remark when purchasing beauty products, especially skincare. Some companies do a great job with this, but they are few and far between.

There is a huge omission as far as makeup goes. All we are left with are some rules of thumb or guidelines from third party sources, such as Beautypedia. But even these are not much help unless one knows when the item was freshly made. 

With respect to Mally's mascaras, I have always had trouble with them "gooping" way too much, whether fresh or not. Not a fan of her mascara at all.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

I like her mascara but it does dry out and/or get goopy after a short while, usually after only a several uses. That is why I would never ever buy her mascara (or any brand's mascara, actually) in bulk, like the 4 or 6 sets they sell. What happens if you get to your fourth one and it is dried out? It isn't like you can return it now because you've had them for a year already!

Honored Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JustJazzmom, I have often made this remark when purchasing beauty products, especially skincare. Some companies do a great job with this, but they are few and far between.

There is a huge omission as far as makeup goes. All we are left with are some rules of thumb or guidelines from third party sources, such as Beautypedia. But even these are not much help unless one knows when the item was freshly made. 

With respect to Mally's mascaras, I have always had trouble with them "gooping" way too much, whether fresh or not. Not a fan of her mascara at all.

The Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk that I use has an expiration date on it. And what's especially cool  is that if I call the online store where I usually buy it (lovelyskin.com), they'll actually go and check the current date for me. Other than that, I can't think of any skin care off the top of my head that puts an expiration date on the container.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland