Frequent Contributor
On 1/16/2014 jordan2 said:
On 1/16/2014 BeautyAddiction said: Hi jordan2. I understand why you post here, it's like family. I feel as long as you preface your post with O/T then people can skip over instead of reading it and then going on a rant. Please as I said before - ignore the nasty posters. I do not answer them - works for me.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Some people are not as fortunate as others and don't have someone they can talk with on certain topics. Sometimes you need to get something off your chest or just need some advice and need someone to listen. I don't mind off topic threads, if it's not interesting to me I just skip it. It's no big deal.

</ I don't mind them either. It's nice to be able to have a friendly chat even if it's not beauty related.

Frequent Contributor
On 1/15/2014 stevieb said:

I'm not really a regular on the beauty boards, but have to say I think ALL the boards have been dull as dirt for the past few weeks. Sure, some of it's winter, harsh weather, being busy over the holidays and post holiday blahs, but I also think some of it has a lot to do with how really dull QVC and the programming have gotten and has been for far too long, with no relief in sight.

Ita
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for explaining Tptb I noticed also that the board is been slow. .. hoping it gets better soon
Super Contributor
On 1/16/2014 jordan2 said:
On 1/16/2014 BeautyAddiction said: Hi jordan2. I understand why you post here, it's like family. I feel as long as you preface your post with O/T then people can skip over instead of reading it and then going on a rant. Please as I said before - ignore the nasty posters. I do not answer them - works for me.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Some people are not as fortunate as others and don't have someone they can talk with on certain topics. Sometimes you need to get something off your chest or just need some advice and need someone to listen. I don't mind off topic threads, if it's not interesting to me I just skip it. It's no big deal.

But if you are a target even posting O/T will attract attacks.

Occasional Contributor
On 1/16/2014 stevieb said:
On 1/15/2014 jerseygyrl said:
On 1/15/2014 stevieb said:

I'm not really a regular on the beauty boards, but have to say I think ALL the boards have been dull as dirt for the past few weeks. Sure, some of it's winter, harsh weather, being buy over the holidays and post holiday blahs, but I also think some of it has a lot to do with how really dull QVC and the programming have gotten and has been for far too long, with no relief in sight.

Hmm, you might be on to something. I'm usually a sucker for a good beauty TSV but I honestly haven't been tempted in months. I kinda attributed that to not being able to share advance sale #s. Those used to get me excited & chatty. Now I just wait til TSV day & have been largely underwhelmed.

It also seems that as the extent of product repetition increases and they're showing the same few items over and over again, there's simply that much less to talk about...

ITA!! Also, I think Mally's TSV did not perform well because she had a TSV LESS THAN one (1) month before... 21 days, I think. She was on air for an entire day selling the same products. Not to mention other brands like Tarte, BE, etc, etc. SERIOUSLY!! How much new makeup does QVC think we need within a 30 day period?!?!

I've been reading this forum for years before I joined. I've learned so much from you ladies. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} (e.g. honest reviews on Retin A, Derma Roller, etc, etc) Thank you so much!! Over the last year it has gotten more negative; very surprising especially from how positive it was. Sometimes I'm SHOCKED the webbie doesn't delete the thread. They delete Insider links within minutes... {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Sometimes there's an ugly thread that is thankfully "waning"... nobody has responded in a day and you are praying it'll disappear into oblivion... and then someone will post a silly picture (w/o comment) and the thread is renewed. I "wonder" if these people don't realize that they continuing these threads or if they are deliberately stirring the embers... enjoying the drama.

Occasional Contributor

Rarely come her anymore. Used to be here every morning and every evening. The good people have gone and the meanies are left.

Regular Contributor

Fellow Jersey Girl Thank you..I kind of Agree..I am not on much anymore..not as much fun as years back, and when you try and start a topic, such as.."What Lipstick did you wear today" You receive negative comments and you feel silly for trying to even start a discussion... and you even get snippy comments if you ask a Question...

I ONLY want to share beauty and makeup ideas...

I only visit and try and answer any beauty questions, a member may ask...

Super Contributor
On 1/17/2014 buford the pug said:

Fellow Jersey Girl Thank you..I kind of Agree..I am not on much anymore..not as much fun as years back, and when you try and start a topic, such as.."What Lipstick did you wear today" You receive negative comments and you feel silly for trying to even start a discussion... and you even get snippy comments if you ask a Question...

I ONLY want to share beauty and makeup ideas...

I only visit and try and answer any beauty questions, a member may ask...

Well, logic would tell most people that this is the reason to come here. But unfortunately, some that think it is there "home" feel they have the right to change it to be whatever THEY want it to be about and those that come here for the true intent of the board should just "SKIP IT" if they are not interested. So not the point and nothing but excuses for poor posting habits.

Super Contributor
On 1/17/2014 Neytiri said:

Rarely come her anymore. Used to be here every morning and every evening. The good people have gone and the meanies are left.

Amen to that! There are just some very disgruntled unhappy people who like to just jab, jab, jab.

Super Contributor
On 1/15/2014 jordan2 said:

Sometimes I'm afraid to start a topic or reply to one because it can get twisted into something negative. There was a thread I think on Saturday that got really ugly. Sometimes I just read and move along!

ITA! Same here!