Honored Contributor

Is anyone afraid to use Micro Current?

Is anyone a little afraid to use the mirco

current face machines such as nu face etc?

When you read about them it says when you should not use them with certain health issues. Says safe to use if you are a healthy person. How do you always know you might not have an underlying issue you dont know about!

I want to use mine but now I am wondering if it is safe really. They say they dont know if there can be side effects at some point!!!

Secondly are there any really good lifting products that are not full of chemicals but really work to a good extent?

Thank you all 

Spoiler
Man Happy
Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone afraid to useWE Micro Current?

So we cant edit our posts now???? I saw a mistake but cant go back and fix it! Man Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone afraid to use Micro Current?

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs 

Regarding the micro current devices, I wish the vendors and hosts would be more open in the presentations about who shouldn't use them, but it's also the user's responsibility to know their own situation and make sure they don't have any underlying health concerns before starting.

Regarding editing, go to the post you want to correct, look for 3 little dots in the upper right corner of the text box.  Click on it and you will see an option to edit.  Give it a few seconds to load and then you can go back and make your correction.  

Trusted Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

So we cant edit our posts now???? I saw a mistake but cant go back and fix it! Man Sad

I think the ability to edit expires after a period of time.  I don't know what the time limit is.

Trusted Contributor

For what health issues it is not recommended?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

It has been quite some time since I have posted on these boards, but felt compelled to share this.

I have no idea if there is a link, but seems plausible.

Used Facemaster  for several years due to more apparent sagging on my left side of the face from years of being a "road warrior" in sales and the sun did a job on that side (no, I did not wear sunscreen).

I focused mainly on that side to even out my face a bit and especially the eye area where the brow was lower than the right side.

They say "retinal flashing" is normal occurance" when using these gizmos, but somehow feel it resulted in a torn vitreous in my left eye........the gel like substance attached to the retina . It has caused me to experience really bad floaters (one HUGE one ) in my field of vision. At night, I see flashes in the sides of the eyes.

Fortunately for me, I did not get an actual tear of the retina which would have been devastating (if not treated quickly, can cause blindness), but again, it certainly has negatively impacted my life.

Once again, do not know if there is a connection, but in my heart, I believe so...................use with caution.

ambersmom

Respected Contributor

@ambersmom, wow!!!  I am so sorry to hear that happened to you.  I can see how constant use of micro current near the eye might be detrimental.  It does make sense, IMO.  I wonder if there is any documented data or info.   Some people are more genetically inclined to detached retinas, etc and I can imagine they'd want to probably avoid consistent micro current near eyes.  Or, I could be completely wrong!  Woman Surprised

hope things improve with you vision.  That really is awful.

Honored Contributor

I tried it and the area around both my eyes would twitch.... for hours. It freaked me out so bad that there is NO WAY I would invest in micro current product.

I mentioned this to my neurologist during a vist for something else months after it happened and he said if my face reacted that way to NOT use one; it's the body's way of saying "Nope. Not for you."  Many do develop twitches that never go away. He went on about it using BIG WORD BIG WORD BIG MEDICAL WORDS but the message to me was clear: Don't use it.

Everyone is different, of course.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Bella

The thing that makes me believe it was a cause/effect situation was the fact that when this originally happened (15 months ago), the eye doc said the other  eye will go in a few weeks or a few months. .....it did not and when i went to see him last month, he was surprised there was no real involvement of the right eye......

take care

ambersmom

Frequent Contributor

just did a quick online search and found this thread.........thought it was interesting if you read some of the comments from folks........wish I read it prior to using:

(http://theperformanceleader.com/nuface-review/