Contributor

Re: Irritation from the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA

@Witchy Woman wrote:

Bought the recent PC TSV and began using it about a week or so ago.

After a few applications of the 2% BHA liquid, I noticed a tingling.  Then, last night, after applying it, my face turned bright red and really burned.

I immediately washed everything off, and will not be using it again.   It's too late to return.

Has anyone else had an adverse reaction to this product?

I've sent a query through her website, but haven't heard back.

I also had a reaction to this product. My skin was very dry and irritated, especially around my mouth.   took a few days to heal.  As far as returning..You should try..I've returned products past the 30 days and was refunded..QVC really backs what they sell and they want you to be happy.  I've even sent things back without the original packaging.  you can print a return lable on the website...why throw money down the drain.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@suzyQ3

I may do that.  Since I had not purchased the products from the PC site, I wanted to give them time to understand that.

Sometimes when you call, there is too much back and forth and I just didn't have time for that today!

@Witchy Woman, oh, sorry, I must have forgotten that you bought it from QVC when I posted. Not sure whether PC would take them back. But I bet QVC might, given your reaction.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I thought I remembered hearing PC products on qvc had 60 days to exchange.
Frequent Contributor

I too bought the PC TSV and sent it back within 2-3 weeks for all the same reasons mentioned before.  I can use her BHA liquid and her weekly glycolic liquid with no problems, but her two retinol products in the kit did not jive with my skin!  It became itchy, tingly and red, not normal reactions for me at all.  Oh I almost forgot,  very dehydrated.

I am glad to know others have had similar problems since I thought I must be the only one to have the adverse reactions!

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday

Thanks, I will check that out.

Honored Contributor

@kekes wrote:

I too bought the PC TSV and sent it back within 2-3 weeks for all the same reasons mentioned before.  I can use her BHA liquid and her weekly glycolic liquid with no problems, but her two retinol products in the kit did not jive with my skin!  It became itchy, tingly and red, not normal reactions for me at all.  Oh I almost forgot,  very dehydrated.

I am glad to know others have had similar problems since I thought I must be the only one to have the adverse reactions!

There's some added ingredient in her retinol that I must be having the reaction to.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@kekes wrote:

@kekes  ...  With all the great reviews, I was also thinking I must be the only one with a reaction!

Valued Contributor

I use the 1% BHA lotion every other day, and the 2% BHA lotion about every 2 weeks. I am in my early 60's with rosacea, and that's about as strong as my skin can take. My skin actually hurt when the vendor was encouraging people to use the Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid 2 times a day! Yipes!

Trusted Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:

I use the 1% BHA lotion every other day, and the 2% BHA lotion about every 2 weeks. I am in my early 60's with rosacea, and that's about as strong as my skin can take. My skin actually hurt when the vendor was encouraging people to use the Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid 2 times a day! Yipes!

I use the BHA two times a day.  I have what I see as "thick" skin.  It is oily, I have large, deep pores (not anymore actually lol) and my skin tends to be oily with clogged pores.  Paula's BHA has turned it around.  My pores are not visible under a light foundation any longer which is why I continue to use e BHA morning and night.

I think personally that the BHA might be best on normal/oily skin and AHA for dry skins.  Her AHA makes my face break out.  I'm in my late 40s with light/medium Mediterranean skin.  I do not have rosacea and no not have redness or visual capillaries which is why I consider my skin to be pretty thick and hearty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@grammarqueen wrote:

I use the BHA two times a day.  I have what I see as "thick" skin.  It is oily, I have large, deep pores (not anymore actually lol) and my skin tends to be oily with clogged pores.  Paula's BHA has turned it around.  My pores are not visible under a light foundation any longer which is why I continue to use e BHA morning and night.

I think personally that the BHA might be best on normal/oily skin and AHA for dry skins.  Her AHA makes my face break out.  I'm in my late 40s with light/medium Mediterranean skin.  I do not have rosacea and no not have redness or visual capillaries which is why I consider my skin to be pretty thick and hearty.

Paula's website does state the Bha is best for oily skin and the aha is best for dry skin but I have dry skin yet cannot use the AHA products at all. Bha is also suppose to be more gentle so better for sensitive skin. I don't have any issues with breakouts or large pores that BHA addresses but I also don't have sun damage issues like AHA addresses so I just go with the more gentle BHA since both products help minimize wrinkles and exfoliate the dead cells.

I do not have thick skin and am fair with normal to sensitive skin.However, even though I have been using it 10+ years I cannot imagine using the BHA twice a day- I know that would be wayyyy too much for my skin.