Super Contributor

Re: Ipsy Beauty Bags - Just got a really nice one!

On 3/18/2015 straitgirl said:

I love Ipsy & didn't have to cave to any social media so don't know what that comments about. I have been a subscriber since last October. I get really great bags with no glitter or wild colors. You have to change your preferences to simple and natural. Some of the great items I got are:

Tarte mascara

Laura Mercier foundation primer

eyeliner pencil

liquid eyeliner

Cargo lip gloss

NYX lip butter

several brushes

a scrub, a masque, hair spray, hair oil, hair volumizer, hand cream.

highlighter stick

mojito lip balm

blush brush, eyeshadow brush

You can please everyone, but it's a steal at $10 inc shipping. I get to try new products and sizes to travel with. You get 5 products, 3 of them are always full size and a bag. The bags are nice. My GD stole my Forever 21 one as soon as it got here.

I subscribed in December 2011, and don't know why you would think that I didn't fill out my profile accordingly? During the couple of years that I received MY glam bag, I got a lot of junk that I could not use nor could I give it away. No one wanted it. Too bright, and too much glitter.

They sent black women concealer/face products for a white woman's skin color. They sent super pale women colors for dark skin tones. Those profiles meant nothing. You get what you get and that's the way it is with sample boxes. Ipsy may be somewhat better now about the skin tones/colors, I don't know because I haven't checked, but when I was a subscriber they just sent out the samples and had no idea if it matched the recipient or not.

Just because YOU haven't received anything you don't like, doesn't mean others haven't received horrible, glitter, neon, bright makeup. I'm talking about MY experience with them and if it bothers you, just skip over it.

Super Contributor

My March Ipsy bag included a Chella highlighter stick, Skyn eye gel pads, Petra mineral duo, Acure day cream & NYX lip butter. The bag is a cute floral. I love the surprises each month & what can you buy on the shopping channels for $10. My favorite product so far as been the Bye Bye Undereye from Benefit. The tube is trial size, but will last me a long time because you use so little. I have never received anything in a bright color.

Occasional Contributor

Geez Snow Owl, why the defensive answer to somebody who just said they liked what they got.. She did not write back and say you were wrong to not like what you got. So you did not like what you got, you canceled, you are happy, she liked what she got, she is happy. Why do people on here have to act hateful? You will find yourself being one of the people that others say always what the heck? You and I and everyone have a right to say what they think, but remarks like that, who do they help? The YOU, when you use it like that sounds like you are mad. Guess I will get that too... I don't always like what I get either, and no, I did not have to conform to social media. I did not like birchbox so do you want to tell me I am wrong? Guess what, if you don't like my reply you can just skip over it... does that sound nice to you? Just using your words. Does not sound very nice when directed at you, does it. I would never say that, just using your words as an example. I hope you have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone! I noticed that they seem to want you to interact with their site but I really don't do that. I didn't go on Facebook or anything to get on their list. I had to wait for a few months, but it wasn't very long until I got on. Over all, it's been a positive experience and a little treat to look forward to each month. If it were $20, then I'd probably not continue.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin