Contributor

Re: Interesting article about Cetaphil

I use and like Earth Science A-D-E Creamy Cleanser.  It's for dry/sensitive skin, contains botanicals, does not contain parabens, does not contain animal ingredients, and does not test on animals.

Here is the description:

Earth Science A-D-E Creamy Cleanser Description

• Natural Fruit Oil Cleanser - for Dry/Sensitive Skin

A gentle cream cleanser formulated with natural fruit oils to cleanse the skin and remove makeup without the dryness of soap. Moisturizes as it cleans to leave your skin soft and supple with no greasy build-up. Contains special plant sterols and vitamins to leave skin radiantly fresh and healthy looking. Contains no artifical colors, mineral oil, soaps, harsh preservatives or irritating petroleum products. Will not clog pores. pH 5.5.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I used to use Cetaphil years ago when Paula wrote the Don't Go To the Cosmetics Counter Without Me book.

I never really thought it removed anything, make-up, dirt, oil etc. very well.

Have now been using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and alternate with a No. 7 Melting Gel Cleanser and my sensitive skin has never looked or felt better!

It does not remove makeup well at all!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I had been using Victoria Principal cleanser but have switched to  Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin Age Defence cleanser and I find

that is does as good a job if not better.   My skin definitely looks

better than ever for my age. (almost 71)

Every perfect gift is from above.
Esteemed Contributor

@firstsoprano wrote:

I had been using Victoria Principal cleanser but have switched to  Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin Age Defence cleanser and I find

I am spoiled w/ Victoria Principal cleansers!

Does the Boots remove eye makeup, too?

I've never used Cetaphil or any of the other drugstore cleansers because they always say do not use on eyes.

Trusted Contributor

@firstsoprano wrote:

I didn't know VP still made products? I used to use her line and I would get complements on my skin all the time. I didn't see her line anymore so I thought they weren't available. Loved her line

Esteemed Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

I didn't know VP still made products? I used to use her line and I would get complements on my skin all the time. I didn't see her line anymore so I thought they weren't available. Loved her line

You may be able to get certain things from a website. That's the downside (for me, anyway) - that I have to order from the catalog. (1-866-222-2800)

I still use VP cleanser, and I think her eye things are the best I've ever used.

Trusted Contributor

@willowtree...

Thank you for posting about the Earth Science product. I read up on them and would be interested in trying the face wash you mentioned.

I am currently using Studio 35 Gentle Skin Cleanser, I bought it a few weeks ago at Walgreens. It is supposed to be like the Cetaphil product mentioned here. I usually have the Neutrogena original face wash, I wanted to try this because it is very affordable. anyway, I will say I actually find the product to be very good for the price, it does remove my makeup but I do not wear heavy foundations or anything . It is half the cost of the product you mentioned and double the amount of product. I would still be interested in trying the product you mentioned.
Respected Contributor

I used that cleanser many years ago.  Then had a wakeup call.  I cleansed my face as usual and had been wearing foundation that day. 

Then, I used toner on a cotton ball and swiped over my face.  Oh my!! I was shocked at how unclean my face was.  

I threw the bottle away and went back to my original bottle.  Used the toner in the same way and my face was clean.

Maybe it's good for someone that doesn't use any makeup and has no problem with breakouts. 

Respected Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

@firstsoprano wrote:

@gramygram, I like VP's products also and find it strange there's little to no advertisement.  Is it really that good?  

Well, I like it.  You can order online only at her website.  Customer service is nice and helpful.  I've never had any problems.  

Honored Contributor

I tried the redness relief line of cetaphil. Love the night moisturizer but the cleanser was awful....it had a perfume scent that sickened me literally. It stayed on my hands and would not dissipate.