Frequent Contributor

My hair is getting very thin, so I just ordered my first wigs online. I have a question for those of you who wear wigs: I have a bob haircut and need to know if it is necessary to always wear a wig cap underneath if I can tuck my hair underneath. Just seems like a cap would get hot in the summer time. Also, if anyone is interested, ***beautyandhair.*** is having a sale: 25% off under $250 and 30% off over $250. I ordered the "Lizzy" by RENE OF PARIS and it is so cute.

Respected Contributor

It's not necessary if you can pull your hair into even a tiny low ponytail which will help anchor it. The cap won't make it much hotter but the wig is hotter than no wig.

My problem is my hair is very soft and fine and caps and wigs just slide right up and off. If you google Godiva's secret wigs on youtube you can see how they wear them and what to do first.

Actually, there are tons of videos, just google how to wear wigs. Vogue wigs had videos on their site which are also helpful.

Good luck with the wig, hope you love it.

Valued Contributor

I now wear a wig all of the time. I see no need to wear a cap. I have started putting a couple of pin curls in top, that sort of anchors it so it stays put. I now am uncomfortable with out it. Give in. Enjoy it!

Respected Contributor
I don't wear a cap under mine either...I just anchor with low bun in back. Stays put just fine for me that way.
Super Contributor
I wear wigs once in awhile for fun and a change. I never use a cap either.
Esteemed Contributor

I wear a wig when the gray starts showing until I get to the salon and do not wear a cap. The wig stays put just fine.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Frequent Contributor

I'd like to find a store who sells wigs, so I an take my Mom there to try some on. Beause she, too, suffers from thinning hair. Does anyone know which major store chains sell wigs? We're in the Chicagoland area....

I randomly used to see wigs in quite a variety of stores as a kid - decades ago! But now that I'm looking for them, they are not found in the brick & mortar stores that I visit. You'd think with the huge popularity of hairpieces that they would be everywhere! And it's much more practical to try on a variety of wigs vs ordering online....

Honored Contributor

I don't need one right now, but the thought has crossed my mind that I might at some point. I'm sure wigs today are far different from the wigs my mom and my aunts would wear, way back when. Has anyone tried the Ken Paves wigs here on QVC?

Honored Contributor

I bought several wigs from msnbc on TV. Toni something or other sells them. I get a lot of compliments when I wear them.

My hair is very thin. I found one of her wigs in the bottom of my closet I'd bought a few years ago when she was selling them on HSN. As a joke I wore it out and people were coming up to me telling me how much they love my hair! Now I feel self-conscious if I go out without it.

Google wigs or go to the MSNBC website. Just remember the color sent to you is usually darker than the one shown.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'll go bald and wear a scarf on my head before I buy anything from MSNBC!