Valued Contributor

Hi Beauties,

I haven't worn matte shadows in probably 15 years. Seriously. I've preferred to use shadows that have a *slight* glow to them--not glitter, or strong shimmer, just a little luster. Always thought that this element made my eyes look better, made them stand out more. I actually never understood the discussions on this and other BBs about matte shadows. Why would someone need a matte shadow??? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Of course, I've used a little matte ivory every once and a while on my brow bone. But that's it.

Well, I've been playing around with a few matte shadows in various palettes and I am now in LOVE. They give my eyes dimension, but it's lower-key, softer. The IT Cosmetics palette that was part of the OCRF event is GREAT, IMO. Some shimmery stuff, a few good mattes, too!

See? You CAN teach an old dog new tricks. Just takes a while.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Re: In Praise of Matte Shadows.

Yes, I also like matte shadows. There is a new palette by Stila called Eyes are the Window Mind Palette that is all matte and Urban Decay will release another Naked Basic2 palette that is all matte.

Honored Contributor

On 8/14/2014 howwhatwhen said:

Yes, I also like matte shadows. There is a new palette by Stila called Eyes are the Window Mind Palette that is all matte and Urban Decay will release another Naked Basic2 palette that is all matte.

oh no they do?? I have their first all matte palette and LOVE that one. Sheesh, I will have to look up this new one.

Super Contributor

Check out Sephora

Valued Contributor

Thanks, howwhat.Smiley Happy I'm going to check out this Stila palette.
Trusted Contributor

Oh, no -- now I have to see that Stila palette! Mattes are my faves.

Honored Contributor

sigh, apparently they have a few more new palettes too although not matte. I love the matte one and the Spirit one (it has some unusual colors in it I might like). I am going to go to Sephora this weekend and check them out. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

By the way OP, I am glad you found love for mattes! I have always liked both shimmer and matte, just depends on my mood and what I am wearing as to what I use. I really love the Kat Von D Ladybird palette which has all but one matte. So pretty.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Happydaze. Egads! More palettes to check out!!!!:-0
Valued Contributor

Vaccinia--Although I'm a. Newbie to the mattes, I can see it becoming a true love!Smiley Happy