Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@curlygirl13 wrote:

I have a question about this brush. It came the other day and I had no issue with it heating up. In fact, it got very hot to where I burned my finger tips on my left hand when running the brush through my hair and using my other hand to glide it through. I thought the bristles were supposed to remain cool to the touch? 

Nope, the bristles get hot as well.  I watched one presentation on this brush and the vendor burned her fingers when she touched the bristles.  That told me right there, do not purchase this product.  

Sorry, I posted before I saw your response to her.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@olive59 wrote:

Thanks for the relies. Yes it is frustrating. I'm going to ask my husband to check it out- he's good with electronics. If he can't figure it out then back it goes. Do I have to call customer service in order to not get charged return shipping? Or will just marking it as defective on the return skip be sufficient? I rarely return items....

Anytime I have returned a defective item for refund or exchange I write on the return slip that I am not to be charged return shipping due to being defect, and I've never had to call them. They have always made it right. 

Respected Contributor

There are little black tips in the middle of the heating bristles.  Are those hard plastic or supposed to keep you from burrning your scalp or what?  On the Dafni, which I have, they are spring loaded and don't catch my hair.  I can put my hand there and not be burnt.  THe other knock offs are all hard plastic or rubber/silicon that catches hair and pulls.

Super Contributor

I just purchased the DAFNI and received it today after seeing the Illustra as a TSV, but hearing better things about the DAFNI.  I didn't even know these stying "brushes" existed. I have to say I Love it! I straightened my hair in about 4 minutes and I like it better than my iron. I am definitely keeping this one!

Respected Contributor

No, in fact the host (can't recall who) clearly said on air that the bristles DO get hot. They demonstrated on a model with long hair where the model held her hair at the end and pulled the hot brush through the hair.   I got mine yesterday and tried it out.  Seemed to work quite well.  Will use it today and report back. 

Regular Contributor

Op here😀 I went Ahead and packaged this up and mailed it back for a full refund. I called customer service and they made a note to be sure my shipping was also refunded.

after reading so many great reviews about the Dafni I thought I would order that. well it's currently on wait list with Qvc.  Amazon had it for 10.00 higher but with free shipping. . Finally saw it on Dermstore for the same price as the Q but got 20 percent off for signing up and also got fee shipping! 

30'day return policy so if I don't like it I can send it back- but I hope it works for me. Score!

Honored Contributor

@olive59 wrote:

Thanks for the relies. Yes it is frustrating. I'm going to ask my husband to check it out- he's good with electronics. If he can't figure it out then back it goes. Do I have to call customer service in order to not get charged return shipping? Or will just marking it as defective on the return skip be sufficient? I rarely return items....

@olive59, I would call CS so they can notate your account.  Otherwise there is a good chance they will charge you the s/h to return the product plus you will not be refunded the original s/h you paid to have the item sent to you, if there was any. 

I don't think they pay attention to what is marked on the return slip and you will end up calling when your refund is incorrect.  

Respected Contributor

Tried mine yesterday and I really do like it.  I have curly hair that I never wear curly, always dry it with a large round brush to get the curl out.  Dried my hair as usual then used the Illustra.  I had to remember not to touch the bristles which sometimes is hard to do, but I just used it basically as a brush to go over my dry hair for a few minutes.  The end result was really good, and my hair stayed looking good all day.  It didn't make my hair stick straight which, for me, is a good thing.  I'm a fan of this product.  Worth the $49.98 but not much more than that.  (Personally, I like this way better than the Calista tool, but that's just me.)

Regular Contributor

I watched this on TSV day. I then went to Amazon and looked at comparable products. I ended up with BearMoo which is so easy to use and I'm not burning my fingers during use. It has multiple heat settings and is also dual voltage for travel. The shape allows it to get close to the roots. I think I choose the better version of this new hair appliance technology.

Esteemed Contributor

By Dafni or any other name, these hot brushes seem to be a growing trend area for hair styling tool manufacturers.  If you can't find one you like now, I think there will be plenty of debuts in 2017 which might be the right one for you.