Super Contributor

If you're looking for a great smelling lotion.

I have seen this lotion sold in Marshall's for a long time, they seem to always have it in stock.

In the past, I unscrewed the cap to smell it and thought it was nice but didn't buy it.

My last trip to Marshall's I decided to finally get it.

It's Hempz Age Defying Herbal Body Moisturizer.

Hempz: Age Defying Herbal Moisturizer, 17 oz

They had different versions, but I chose by smell.

The original smelled nice too but I liked this one best.

Hard to describe the smell, it's not floral, not fruity, not green, not citrus, it's what I consider a cozy smell. Maybe a touch of vanilla? Not sure, I'm usually good at describing scents buy this one is hard.

It's just really nice.

Not sure what is age defying about it, I wouldn't count on it. As a lotion, I think it's OK, all lotions are kind of OK to me.

For me, it's all about the scent..

I used it after a shower, at night, all over my body but that was a big mistake because I'm not used to scenting myself before I go to bed, It keeps me awake.

The scent does linger on me. Now I only use it in the day and only on my legs up to my thighs. This way it's not right under my nose all day so I don't get sick of it.

If you like to smell it all day, put in on your arms and shoulders too.

unfortunately, I peeled off the price tag so can't tell you what I paid but I know it's no where near Amazon't prices.

Anyway, just passing this along.

Next time you're in Marshalls, give it a sniff, particularly the age defying one.

Head's up, the pink one is nauseating.

Trusted Contributor

Re: If you're looking for a great smelling lotion.

Thanks C ia vee! I will check it out.  It has a 4.7 review rating on Ulta

Here are the ingredients:

Water/Aqua/Eau, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Phospholipids, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Caffeine, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid, Algae Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance/Parfum, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 40, Nylon-12, Benzyl Benzoate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylene Glycol, Methylisothiazolinone, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool,Polysorbate 20, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Yellow 6 (CI 15985).

Trusted Contributor

I pay $7.99 at TJ Maxx.  Incidently, the pink one is Pomegranite - my favorite!  To each his own!!!

Respected Contributor

I have been using this lotion for years as a hand cream. My body requires more of a cream consistancy. My SIL commented a few years ago how much he liked my hand cream. So every Christmas I put this in his stocking. However, I use the Original scent. Smells just like bananas. Last year Ulta had Peppermint White Chocolate which was srumptuous!

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I have been using this lotion for years as a hand cream. My body requires more of a cream consistancy. My SIL commented a few years ago how much he liked my hand cream. So every Christmas I put this in his stocking. However, I use the Original scent. Smells just like bananas. Last year Ulta had Peppermint White Chocolate which was srumptuous!

I would love a banana smelling body product.  A few years back Perlier had a banana body product that was awesome.  I am not sure that they still sell it.  I will have to look for it sometime soon.  

Super Contributor

Thanks you all for your replies and for posting the ingredients. I never think of that. 

I take back what I wrote about the pink one, to each their own is true. I might not like it but it doesn't mean it's bad. 

I like the the original too. Might try it next.