Contributor

IT cosmetics before & after pics-MISLEADING

I have watched It cosmetics (plus some others) that show the model Alicia where her before pic shows acne scars, dark marks, etc... I have seen her do the philosophy purity cleanser where she removes her makeup & shows the washcloth w/ all the makeup removed & she turns her face so we can see the left side of her face & there are NO marks/acne scars & these are recent videos of It & philosophy SO the before pic is MISLEADING. I have purchased makeup just to find out that it DOESN'T cover like they show in these videos-Need MORE TRUTH in advertising

Respected Contributor

Re: IT cosmetics before & after pics-MISLEADING

I stopped watching demos. It foundation does not cover my age spots at all. I also find it concealer sets in my fine lines making me look older.

Laura Geller balance and brighten gives me a soft dewy natural look. 

When I look closely at the HD picture I can see the foundation in the pores from it and other lines. Sometimes before and afters have different shading or positioning of face etc.

I do recommend it Illuminator Highlighter, and eyebrow pencil. ( btw I'm 64 and have been consistently told I have great skin and I look younger)

Respected Contributor

in my opinion, if you have enlarged pores an illuminating foundation especially, is not your friend...Illuminators enhance pore size.

Respected Contributor

I just purchased Dermablend concealer stick, which is supposed to be one of the better concealers for dark spots (acne scarring, age spots).  It works pretty well, but not 100%. MTo date,mi have not found anything that has...my gosh, do they use smoke and mirrors in those presentations?  People have such high hopes when watching only to be more than disappointed.  😕

Super Contributor

I often wonder the same thing. Why do they set the bar so high?..it just leads to disappointment in the product. A good example is Doll 10 Hydragel Foundation. She goes on and on about how it's full coverage, does these demos where she's covering red and blue marker, etc. In reality, the product provides medium coverage at best. Now I don't particularly want or need full coverage, so I'm ok with it being lighter coverage..however I guess in a way I'm disillusioned with the brand because it doesn't live up to it's claims. 

Honored Contributor

@Natalie1H wrote:

I have watched It cosmetics (plus some others) that show the model Alicia where her before pic shows acne scars, dark marks, etc... I have seen her do the philosophy purity cleanser where she removes her makeup & shows the washcloth w/ all the makeup removed & she turns her face so we can see the left side of her face & there are NO marks/acne scars & these are recent videos of It & philosophy SO the before pic is MISLEADING. I have purchased makeup just to find out that it DOESN'T cover like they show in these videos-Need MORE TRUTH in advertising

@Natalie1H

Is it possible the model had dermabrasion to remove the marks?    

As for any makeup brand, your best bet is with a foundation that is specified to be FULL COVERAGE.  

If you have serious dark spots or acne scars, why not see a Dermatologist to have them removed instead of looking for heavy makeup?    Then, you can wear any foundation you want.   Give it some thought.

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

I just purchased Dermablend concealer stick, which is supposed to be one of the better concealers for dark spots (acne scarring, age spots).  It works pretty well, but not 100%. MTo date,mi have not found anything that has...my gosh, do they use smoke and mirrors in those presentations?  People have such high hopes when watching only to be more than disappointed.  😕

Is that the quick fix concealer? I get very good coverage patting the product on my skin. It is a full-coverage concealer.

Respected Contributor

Ha!  Concealer is about the only "dermatologist" I can afford.

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee...it says full coverage but I'm not finding that.  I do pat onto skin, blend and repeat process.  It's better than what I've been using "boing" by benefit cosmetics.