Super Contributor

IT Cosmetics The Romantics Naturally Pretty Matte Palette

[ Edited ]

The Romantics

I came home from work this afternoon and caught the last 2 minutes of this presentation. I bought it right away! What a gorgeous palette! Aside from the beautiful packaging, the colors are brand new and stunning. There are purples, pinks, nudes, green, and more. It's so refreshing to see an eyeshadow palette that's not 98% brown, or some variation of tan, taupe, and chocolate. Finally some color! This palette ticks so many boxes for me: matte, variety, wearable colors...I could go on. Can you tell I'm excited about this Smiley Happy? I hope they're pigmented enough, though. That's the only downfall I've found with IT's eyeshadows. Who else will be receiving this beauty?

Super Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics The Romantics Naturally Pretty Matte Palette

[ Edited ]

It is beautiful.  I really enjoy the first matte palette (I never bought the Celebration one at holiday time).  I'm just wondering if there's enough variation between this palette and the first one to warrant a purchase. It's hard to tell.

i might wait for an EmilyNoel83 review - she did a great review comparing the other two palettes that I found super helpful.

Valued Contributor

The colors are very pretty, but to me it looks more like a spring/summer palette rather than fall/winter.

Honored Contributor

I have both of the other "Naturally Pretty" palettes and this one looks entirely different.  I'm definitely going to get one, but IT eyeshadows are a favorite of mine anyway.  

Respected Contributor

I immediately bought it; have the previous palette and ADORE the colors, so natural, but you can layer to get a darker look, if you like. (Finally, a green shade that looks like it can blend. With all the green, fatigue, olive fashions this is welcome.)

Super Contributor

@DCAnnie2004 I think the shades in this palette are completely different than the other two, which also made me happy. I like the original, too, but returned the holiday palette because I found it severely lacking in pigmentation, which was disappointing.

@Blondelle It does read like spring/summer, but I think many of the shades can be worn in fall/winter. I'm glad it isn't a typical fall palette, or we'd be back in the realm of champagnes, taupes, chocolates, auburn, etc., which is nice, but so overdone in my opinion. I'm glad these aren't crazy, vibrant colors, too. They're muted and very wearable.

@JeanLouiseFinch Do you find the holiday palette lacking pigmentation? I was surprised at how sheer it applied. The original isn't packed with pigment, either, but I felt like the color just wasn't there in the Celebration palette, no matter how much I built it up. However, I love that IT deals in primarily matte shadows. Shimmery, glittery shadows are nice once in a while, but I find mattes lend a softer, prettier look.

@1Professor I think we had the same reaction Smiley Very Happy

Do any of you wear multiple shades on the lid? I only do one. It amazes me how some women can seamlessly blend one shadow under the brow bone, one in the crease, one all over the lid, and one on the outer corners. I don't have the skill or the patience to do it daily! I would consider trying it for a special occasion, but when getting ready for work in the morning, I like my makeup simple and quick. For me, one will do Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@SparklyTiara wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Do you find the holiday palette lacking pigmentation? I was surprised at how sheer it applied. The original isn't packed with pigment, either, but I felt like the color just wasn't there in the Celebration palette, no matter how much I built it up. However, I love that IT deals in primarily matte shadows. Shimmery, glittery shadows are nice once in a while, but I find mattes lend a softer, prettier look.

@SparklyTiara -  I've always believed that the IT shadows have plenty of pigment for the actual color that they are.  Just by virtue of the color it's going to lighter or darker.  For instance, you can go over and over the lid with the champagne/light taupe colors and it's not going to make them any darker, whereas a navy blue only needs a very light touch of the brush to have a good amount for proper application.  I like doing the three color thing on my eyes and even though they're blended one into the next, I can see obvious shade differences on the finished eye.  I agree with you on preferring matte shadows.  

Honored Contributor

I have the first two palettes and saw the presentation of the third yesterday. Other than maybe the green shadow, I think it would be redundant for me. And I have other green shadows that I prefer to the one shown in this palette. Most of the colors looked very similar to the previous palettes.

While I do use the first two palettes, I would not say that they are my top choices for eyeshadows.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It has 2 other palettes?

I thought it was only one???????????

So the original and this one-making it a total of 2-not 3?

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catlover wrote:

It has 2 other palettes?

I thought it was only one???????????

So the original and this one-making it a total of 2-not 3?

No, @catlover, the grand total would be 3.  The original, in the pale pink suede packaging, called the Vol. 1 Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe came out a few years ago.  Last year, the one in the silver packaging called the Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette was introduced.  The new "Romantic" palette is the third of this kind.