Respected Contributor

IT Celebration Foundation Users

I have been using the above product for quite some time.  I like it a lot, but the last time I ordered the product it didn't seem to cover liked it used to.

There is another Celebration foundation with SPF 50 in it and I was wondering if any of you use that one?  They are both the same price but didn't know if anyone noticed a difference between the two?

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: IT Celebration Foundation Users

[ Edited ]

@Winkk wrote:

I have been using the above product for quite some time.  I like it a lot, but the last time I ordered the product it didn't seem to cover liked it used to.

There is another Celebration foundation with SPF 50 in it and I was wondering if any of you use that one?  They are both the same price but didn't know if anyone noticed a difference between the two?

Thanks.

Are you using the Black Compact which is the Anti Aging Celebration Foundation?  And now, you are considering the Celebration Illumination White Compact?  The compact (white) has illumination and is sparkly and to me is for a more youthful skin. The anti Aging Celebration  is for older skin and for me settles in the lines more easily. However, my DIL in her 20s loves this product..  To me the Celebration Illumination  looks lighter in the compact and I use the medium shade.

Jaime has CC  SPF 50 creme foundation in a tube that covers well and there is also a Veil Foundation in a Cushion Compact with an SPF 50 that I have heard is a lighter coverage. This product will be available in Jaime's TSV beginning at midnight tonight. I only have used the creme foundation in the tube but will order the TSV later today.

Respected Contributor

@CalMom - Yes, I'm using the black compact.  I thought the one with illumination was another foundation and that there were two celebration foundations.  Maybe I'm wrong on that but I do not want the illumination.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Go look at both names of the compacts. Both compacts are Celebration Compacts but for me, they clearly work differently.

If you prefer powder foundations and don't like the heavier creme feelings, The Veil Cushion Compact with SPF 50 may be an option for you. The feel is supposed to be lighter with the Cushion Compact (Creme) than the Creme Foundation in a Tube. Check out the TSV.

@Winkk    QVC Link  for Item Numbers at TSV Pricing.

Respected Contributor

@CalMom - Thanks, I'll do that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you mean the one in the black compact that on the lid says it Cosmetics By Jamie Kern Innovative Technology Cosmetics then funny you should ask. About 2 weeks ago I started in on the last one I ordered and every morning when I use it I've been thinking it's not covering some redness on my cheecks and a couple of brownish spots like prior compacts. Just awhile ago I received my Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Waterproof Concealer, going to try a bit of that tomorrow on those areas then use the Celebration Foundation over top of it and see how that goes. I might have to go back to my drugstore cream to powder foundation if that doesn't do the trick.The best makeup I ever used was by Victoria Jackson but she went out of business years ago.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

If you mean the one in the black compact that on the lid says it Cosmetics By Jamie Kern Innovative Technology Cosmetics then funny you should ask. About 2 weeks ago I started in on the last one I ordered and every morning when I use it I've been thinking it's not covering some redness on my cheecks and a couple of brownish spots like prior compacts. Just awhile ago I received my Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Waterproof Concealer, going to try a bit of that tomorrow on those areas then use the Celebration Foundation over top of it and see how that goes. I might have to go back to my drugstore cream to powder foundation if that doesn't do the trick.The best makeup I ever used was by Victoria Jackson but she went out of business years ago.

@shaggygirl - I know, there is just something about it that is different.  I do not feel as though it covers as well as my last compact.

Respected Contributor

I had an extra that I was using from a while back so mine is not brand new. Perhaps there was an issue with the manufacturing which does happen. Or perhaps there was a change in the product.

You can go on the It Cosmetics Facebook Site and ask this question.

Super Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@CalMom - Yes, I'm using the black compact.  I thought the one with illumination was another foundation and that there were two celebration foundations.  Maybe I'm wrong on that but I do not want the illumination.

You are correct. There are two celebration foundations and one illumination.  The new version of the celebration was in the last TSV and it is so much better than the one in the black compact.  On me, it isn't as cakey as the black compact.  It is called IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation SPF 50+.  Check QVC # A338591

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl

I don't think she went out of business.  If she did, she must be back in business.

Google Victoria Jackson Cosmetics.  And thanks for the reminder.  I remember using her makeup in the early 90s and loved it, but had forgotten about it.