Trusted Contributor

IT CC Cream - how do you apply it?

I've been using BE for years but thought I'd give the IT CC Cream a try so I just ordered it.  Do you girls apply it with a brush, your fingers, a sponge?  And should I order that Bye Bye Pores Powder to dust on top?  Also, Jamie says you don't need to use a moisturizer or primer underneath, but do any of you still do that?  Thanks for any tips!  I'm really hoping this will work for me, I think my skin is starting to look a little aged with the BE.

Honored Contributor

Re: IT CC Cream - how do you apply it?

[ Edited ]

1) Does the IT CC cream contain silicone? That is what many primers use as their base. It fills in any imperfections on your skin before any cream or powder foundation goes in. I found that by not using any primer, the foundation went into the micro creases on my face-- emphasizing them.

2) If it does contain silicone, it means one less step to do as prep for your skin.

3) I use a brush as it uses less product-- winding up on your fingers. Less is more.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure, JJM!  I've never really been one for reading ingredients although I should start!  Jamie says you don't need to use a primer with it so it probably does.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi,  the cc cream has all you need including moisturizer and sunscreen plus additional stuff she adds in.  you don' t need anything thing else is what she says.  some use powder, i do not.  it's too much.  it's entirely personal and up to you.

i usually use my fingers and end up with a sponge cleaning up and getting any heavy areas.  on occasion i have used a brush and have not been happy.  i think it's my mistake and i'm putting too much on.

play around with it.  you'll find what works for you because everyone is different.

eta;  it does have primer and all you really need is the cc cream.  watch what she says and she will tell you.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, LadyR!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I apply some to the underside of my wrist . I use Skinn's plasma brush - swirl it on my wrist and then apply to face. I like a thin coat....I can always apply more if needed. 

I use use a moisturizer as I have dry skin. Perhaps if you have more oiler skin, a moisturizer would not be needed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a foundation brush. It goes on more evenly with a brush than with fingers, and none is wasted. I do use a moistuizer (my personal favorite is PTR's Laser Free) and I use the No. 50 serum on top of my moisturizer. My skin always feels hydrated and the coverage of the CC Cresm makes it look flawless.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

I put a tiny bit of the CC cream on my finger ( or the Bye Bye Undereye) and use the pink Mally concealer brush to apply.  None gets wasted that way and you can get it right up under the eye.  I also use the Bye Bye Pores on top and use a BE kabuki brush for that, swirling it all over the face until I can't see it.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone!  I tried to reply to a post and because of that it listed that as the "best answer".  I didn't mean to do that!  Every single response here is the best answer to me!!  

Respected Contributor

I always applied it with my fingers until I saw Jamie's foundation brush (which came with a CC+ cream), so I got a much more smooth application.

However, after seeing the Q's Doll 10 brush, I ordered that and have NEVER had such an airbrushed look, so easily! Highly recommend. Uses much less of the CC cream.

slideshow_1.jpg

** I also use a moisturizer or serum first, giving it 2 minutes to absorb first. I have dry skin and it makes ALL the difference.