Honored Contributor

Re: ISOMERS December Visit starts on 12/6

@Linmo wrote:

@NightowlzDuring their web site sales, many of the popular products sell out quickly.  They usually send out the email around 11 am EST and some things sell out within the first half hour.  I'm also using the 3 piece micropeel (in fact, I just used it this morning).  I usually follow it up with either the Copper P mask or a Borghese mask.  A few weeks ago, I went to the dentist after doing one and the hygenist shined that bright light on my face and was amazed at how good my skin looked.  She compared it to a pregnancy glow - I told her I don't think so!  Anyway, if you are a Copper P user, you should try the Copper P mask if you haven't already.  It feels amazing on the skin! 

@Linmo Have been using her Copper P for a long time but never tried the Copper P mask.

I had DH use the Copper P every day when he got a sunburn while outside at the Air Show. He applied it every day & his face got better each day with no peeling. He still had some redness around his neck/shoulders where he did not use it & those areas peeled. I told him he should have put it all over.

I will keep track of her email next Black Friday. I always have things I want to pick up Black Friday to save money so I have to make a list so I don't forget. It will be top of my list if I like the R Pur since you can get really good pricing.

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Nightowlz I've been using the R Pur (for both face and eyes) for about a year and a half now.  It is a staple in my evening routine along with the retiniacin.  It helps me with hydration and skin texture.  I think Manuela recommends using 2 pumps until the bottle is empty and then take a break, but I just use one pump every night continuously.  The 1.86 oz bottle lasts me at least 6 months.   The only time is don't use it is when I do the 2 week Accelerated Recovery Serum regimen a couple of times a year.  Even though I love the ARS, I really miss using my R Pur and retiniacin during those 2 weeks.  The R Pur is expensive, but it is frequently included in the Isomers web site sales, so I stock up then.  In the spring, they had it for around $40 a bottle (after currency conversion) and for black Friday they had it for around $59 a bottle.  They also had the R Pur for eyes during black Friday for around $16.  If you haven't already, you should sign up for their emails.

Thanks @Linmo for this review!  I am not familiar with R-Pur, but always very curious. This time the duo and a little discount did me in!  I bought a due last night, and today - went for another. I did manage to miss the good price deal on Isomers site, as usual. I always miss out on the best products I want from Isomers.

I still hesitant wether I should keep both sets and have 4 bottles in stash, or cancel on one. Any advise for me @Linmo?

Thank you for posting that your are actually using R Pur every night, I did not know if I could, and now - I do! I feel, my skin can use it now.

I am now stashed on the best of Isomers serums - USSS, Immortal, Matrixyl Advanced, Retiniacin. I am well stocked on creams too. It's only a super deal on Glutathiosome I am still waiting on.....

Keep both sets of R-Pur? Cancel one and wait till some better priced deals come along? Help @Linmo!

@sonechko I have 4 bottles in my stash right now (2 from the Spring sale and I just received 2 from the Black Friday sale.  The unopened shelf life is 3 years.  That being said, I know what the product does for my skin.  If I were trying a new product for the first time, I don't think I would stock up until I knew that it worked for me.  I've tried some products (like the Immortal serum) that others raved about but didn't do a thing for me.  

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@NightowlzDuring their web site sales, many of the popular products sell out quickly.  They usually send out the email around 11 am EST and some things sell out within the first half hour.  I'm also using the 3 piece micropeel (in fact, I just used it this morning).  I usually follow it up with either the Copper P mask or a Borghese mask.  A few weeks ago, I went to the dentist after doing one and the hygenist shined that bright light on my face and was amazed at how good my skin looked.  She compared it to a pregnancy glow - I told her I don't think so!  Anyway, if you are a Copper P user, you should try the Copper P mask if you haven't already.  It feels amazing on the skin! 

@Linmo Have been using her Copper P for a long time but never tried the Copper P mask.

I had DH use the Copper P every day when he got a sunburn while outside at the Air Show. He applied it every day & his face got better each day with no peeling. He still had some redness around his neck/shoulders where he did not use it & those areas peeled. I told him he should have put it all over.

I will keep track of her email next Black Friday. I always have things I want to pick up Black Friday to save money so I have to make a list so I don't forget. It will be top of my list if I like the R Pur since you can get really good pricing.

@Nightowlz The mask is like a thicker version of the serum.  You can either rinse it off later or just rub it into your skin.  I just leave it on my skin for about a half hour and then continue with my morning skin care routine.  It feels cooling and envigorating on the skin and leaves it very soft and even-toned.  I bought it in the set with the Copper P serum last time she had it and ordered another set last night.  I was running low on the serum and didn't really care about the mask until I tried it.  It's one of my new favorites! 

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Nightowlz The mask is like a thicker version of the serum.  You can either rinse it off later or just rub it into your skin.  I just leave it on my skin for about a half hour and then continue with my morning skin care routine.  It feels cooling and envigorating on the skin and leaves it very soft and even-toned.  I bought it in the set with the Copper P serum last time she had it and ordered another set last night.  I was running low on the serum and didn't really care about the mask until I tried it.  It's one of my new favorites! 

@Linmo Ok Thx. Need to go check it out. I have her Moisture Mask that I apply thick & rub in instead of rinsing off. 

Regular Contributor

@OooLaLa I agree with @sonechko that we can't possibly speak to whether you will react to a product but Isomers products, in general, are quite "clean" and do not contain added fragrances or excessive silicones. I do not personally have sensitive skin but my pores clog very easily and can only use products that don't have occlusive fillers. I have only had issues with one Isomers product in almost 15 years of use. 

The ingredients are all listed on Evine and Isomers website. There is also a great message board on their site. I have posted questions there and gotten a response from Manuela herself.

I am not sure what you are looking for but I think it is a good place to start. The products are professional quality at about 1/10th the price. 

Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

Hi, @kesstrain.  Thank you and @sonechko for your replies.  I guess I didn't clearly ask what I intended.  I was just wondering what had caused skin reactions to you ladies.  I know everybody is different. I was using what I thought were "natural" products when I had the allergic reactions, and it was the preservative/antimicrobial that was the culprit.  I've been using the doctor-recommended products, even though they contain ingredients I would never have chosen to use (mineral oil!) - but I've been healing!  Just can't find the logic. I"m feeling like my skin is needing more than I've been doing, but sure don't want to flare up again.

There are many Isomers products, and I'm trying to familarize myself with them. With my limited knowledge, the ingredient decks appear to be simple and effective - not a "kitchen sink" of ingredients.   I like that Manuela is the chemist, and her complexion is her best advertisement!

Thank you, again, for your responses.

Respected Contributor

@Amarica wrote:

Hi, @kesstrain.  Thank you and @sonechko for your replies.  I guess I didn't clearly ask what I intended.  I was just wondering what had caused skin reactions to you ladies.  I know everybody is different. I was using what I thought were "natural" products when I had the allergic reactions, and it was the preservative/antimicrobial that was the culprit.  I've been using the doctor-recommended products, even though they contain ingredients I would never have chosen to use (mineral oil!) - but I've been healing!  Just can't find the logic. I"m feeling like my skin is needing more than I've been doing, but sure don't want to flare up again.

There are many Isomers products, and I'm trying to familarize myself with them. With my limited knowledge, the ingredient decks appear to be simple and effective - not a "kitchen sink" of ingredients.   I like that Manuela is the chemist, and her complexion is her best advertisement!

@OooLaLaWhen I first started with Isomers a couple of years ago, I tried just about every product that was being offered and that was a big mistake.  I had a reaction but no idea which product(s) were causing it.  I backtracked and went to the Isomers website and looked at their suggested routines for my age group and skin type.  Then I started with the products that were suggested that I already had.  I kept it simple and used just a few products am and pm.  I now try the new products that I'm interested in, but have kept my basic regimen the same for the past year and a half.  I discovered that the Ultimate Super Skin Serum breaks me out every time I try it (might be the lavender ingredient), so I won't try it anymore.  I also had a problem with the Matrixyl Advanced Serum and Cream as well, but I only tried it once, so it could have been a bad batch.  The CS reps at Isomers are very knowledgable about the products and can help you put together a routine or answer any questions you have about a specific product.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Amarica wrote:

I have not had any skin reactions to any of Isomers products to date. They are gentle for me.

If I would have a reaction, it probably would be something different from what causes yours. The doctor you are consulting probably would be a better person for a medical opinion on the ingredient list of any Isomers products for your use.

The ingredients are listed on every product page. Seeking and advice on this board from non-professionals, I'd say could be a little risky.

You may also write or call Isomers lab and they are much better equipt to answer you concern if you are able to ask right direct questions about your concerns and what you know you are reacting to, @OooLaLa

Regular Contributor

@OooLaLa. I feel badly that you were hesitant to ask about bad reactions to products. I hope that you have not had a negative experience in the past on these boards. I understand what you mean about being surprised that your doctor recommended certain ingredients. It may be counterintuitive but often the "safest"  ingredients for very reactive skin are not necessarily natural ones. Chemical processes can actually make ingredients inert. Mineral oil and petroleum are examples of this. Now, whether or not they are actually good for you in the long run is another question. 

If I was in your boat, I would try to transition into something more nourishing without adding lots of ingredients. Have you tried argan oil? I just had a laser treatment on my face and my dermatologist recommended putting Aquaphor on it. I am not a fan of petroleum based skin products and instead have been using the Josie Maran argan oil which does not sting and has kept the skin moist. It is a single ingredient but, unlike mineral oil, actually is non-occlusive. Another one you might want to try is the copper p serum from Isomers. 

I think that you might have to spot test things first and move slowly. I wish you the best of luck.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko , thanks again.

@Linmo , thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.  You're very helpful!

@Amarica. I feel badly that you were hesitant to ask about bad reactions to products. I hope that you have not had a negative experience in the past on these boards. I understand what you mean about being surprised that your doctor recommended certain ingredients. It may be counterintuitive but often the "safest"  ingredients for very reactive skin are not necessarily natural ones. Chemical processes can actually make ingredients inert. Mineral oil and petroleum are examples of this. Now, whether or not they are actually good for you in the long run is another question. 

If I was in your boat, I would try to transition into something more nourishing without adding lots of ingredients. Have you tried argan oil? I just had a laser treatment on my face and my dermatologist recommended putting Aquaphor on it. I am not a fan of petroleum based skin products and instead have been using the Josie Maran argan oil which does not sting and has kept the skin moist. It is a single ingredient but, unlike mineral oil, actually is non-occlusive. Another one you might want to try is the copper p serum from Isomers. 

I think that you might have to spot test things first and move slowly. I wish you the best of luck.

@kesstrain , thank you so much, too!  "Counterintuitive" is a good word for what I've been experiencing and how I've been treating!  Will skip around and respond to your questions. Yes, I used an organic 100% argan oil for quite a while - until I had the MIT allergic reaction. I've never tried JM argan oil.  After I had the reaction, it seemed that every single thing irritated my face and hands. Even water.  I've read that the "evil" MIT antimicrobial replaced parabens. Even though they're supposed to be unhealthy, I never broke out with parabens! I've been using an Aquaphor "clone" on my hands.  By the way, since you don't care to use petroleum products, are you familiar with Un-Petroleum Jelly by Alba?  Very much like the "V" product, but contains oils and Vitamin E.  

Hope this doesn't generate controversy, but I've never had luck with dermatologists, unfortunately.  I consulted one with this problem, and he offered me a battery of allergy tests and wrote a prescription for the very same topical steroid my "family doctor" had written. I discovered the MIT allergy on my own soon after, when I researched online and found photos of people with reactions nearly identical to mine, particularly the eyes. It's difficult to put into words, but it really kind of destroyed my skin in spots and has made me reactive to things I never was before. I don't mean to harp about it, but if I can help prevent even just one person from going through what I have, I want to do it. I have photos, but if you search "methylisothiazolanine allergy" and click on photos, you'll get an idea, especially the face, eye area in particular, and hands, and there are FB pages/groups, also.  

It's kind of odd that right after I last posted, I was passively listening to Manuela, and she talked about skin irritation, breakouts, etc., and mentioned the copper products being beneficial, just as you had. Does she read this forum???  : )   Ceramide sounds good, too. 

Again, kesstrain, thank you for sharing and kindly taking your time to respond!!!