Esteemed Contributor

Re: IF YOU HAVE VERY SPARSE EYEBROW HAIR .........

I would gladly donate my extra eyebrow hair. I am always tweezing and plucking. I have too much of a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

Don't have them waxed ever! While it might look nice at first, many times the hair doesn't grow back. I made that mistake when in the nail salon and really regret it. I use Revlons two sided pen to help fill in. One side is a chubby pencil and the other is like a "mascara" type setter.

Eyebrows sometimes get sparser as you age, too, I think.

Trusted Contributor

All my tests come back normal so I use but ask your doctor first please Sea Kelp in liquid form which is like an iodine and then JarroSil each day.............it helps keep mine in but mine were never full when I was young. These products I use are from the health food store and I will say they keep my eyebrows in.......

Honored Contributor

When I went thru chemo 2 years ago--I lost ALL my hair. I found a product that was a white wax brow pencil that I used to lay a foundation down on my eyebrow area and then used brow powder to go over top. Now I used little, tiny hair like strokes with that white pencil and then when I used the brow powder, it appeared to look like real hairs. The white pencil didn't go on shocking white either, just enough so I could see what I drew. It looked so nice and I felt 10x better even tho I still didn't have any head hair or eyelashes. Your brows are so important. And it cost less than $4. Can't remember where I got it but I'm sure I can find the website again. It took a little practice but I got so good at it.

Contributor

One thing you might try is brush your brows with an eyelash primer first. This was recommended to me by a makeup artist. The primer is the type that you put on to prime your eyelashes just before mascara. L'oreal makes one - it's a double ended mascara wand - primer on one end, mascara on the other. Clinique makes one as well. Anyway, I've tried it and it does help brow powder adhere, and it makes one's eyebrows look fuller. You don't need a lot - just brush your brows up with the primer wand - let it dry as you put on other makeup, then use your powder/pencil. When you're done, just brush through the brow, paying attention to the tops where some of the primer may show if it's not covered in brow makeup - just brush through with a wand type brush and it will come off. I do find that this works best when you use a brow powder.

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Clearsunshine said:

One thing you might try is brush your brows with an eyelash primer first. This was recommended to me by a makeup artist. The primer is the type that you put on to prime your eyelashes just before mascara. L'oreal makes one - it's a double ended mascara wand - primer on one end, mascara on the other. Clinique makes one as well. Anyway, I've tried it and it does help brow powder adhere, and it makes one's eyebrows look fuller. You don't need a lot - just brush your brows up with the primer wand - let it dry as you put on other makeup, then use your powder/pencil. When you're done, just brush through the brow, paying attention to the tops where some of the primer may show if it's not covered in brow makeup - just brush through with a wand type brush and it will come off. I do find that this works best when you use a brow powder.

I love this tip!!! Could you use a clear brow gel or mascara? Elf has a double ended clear brow/mascara for $1 that I use to set my brows. I'm going to try that !!!

Not applicable

I use airbrush makeup. Dinair has an excellent eyebrow kit that even includes stencils.

http://www.airbrushdeals.com

Contributor

On 10/29/2014 wagirl said:
On 10/29/2014 Clearsunshine said:

I love this tip!!! Could you use a clear brow gel or mascara? Elf has a double ended clear brow/mascara for $1 that I use to set my brows. I'm going to try that !!!

I don't think it would work well with a gel or mascara. The primer is mostly clear in the tube - drys sort of powdery white. But it "picks up" all the little hairs in the brow.

Honored Contributor

Those tiny little brush hairs are the BEST!

Occasional Contributor

There's only 2 really good ones out there for us Blondes. "IT" cosmetics

has a gel that comes with a brush applicator. And "Ready To Wear" cosmetics has a bottled one (packaged like a lipgloss) that is equally as good, & a little easier to put on. Both stay on really well.