Trusted Contributor

IF ALL THIS HIGH END SKINCARE WORKS SO WELL,

Then all the older hosts and some models should be looking so much younger than they have years ago. I love blonde Maria, the model, but I have not seen her look any younger especially around her eyes. This is not a criticism of Maria because as I said I really like her but I remember her doing those presentations for that product that immediately reduced the wrinkles on your face and around your eyes. She had to sit still and not move her face and then the miracle....all her eye wrinkles were gone. But the next day, when she was back modeling all those wrinkles were back and she still has them. They all have these so called miracle products at their disposal and if they are used by them, why don't we see a more youthful difference? Why? I think I certainly know the answer. These vendors are laughing all the way to the bank. Now I know this doesn't have to do with skincare, but why do the hosts and sometimes the models not wear QVC clothes or jewelry? I can't tell you how many times I called CS and asked about a piece of clothing a host or model was wearing only to be told "it's their own and not sold at QVC"!
Trusted Contributor

Re: IF ALL THIS HIGH END SKINCARE WORKS SO WELL,

You will be bashed, so brace yourself.

I think HDTV is a huge component to the wrinkles we see. I remember the product you are referencing, Genie Line Smoother!! Lots of hosts claimed to use it. It was a temporary product, not skin care so when it was washed off, that was it. Even Bob said he used it.

Lately, I have seen a few foundation presentations where it is being claimed that the foundation does not settle in fine lines and wrinkles and what do I see? Foundation caking up in fine lines and wrinkles! Not a good presentation.

As for the hosts and models not wearing QVC items - I think it is stupid of them to allow anything non-QVC on the set. It is counter-productive and totally avoidable. HSN has Shop the Show and gives item numbers out beforehand on clothing and make up the hosts are wearing.

You have to support the company you work for first. They need to be 100% pro-QVC 100% of the time. Some hosts are more interested in showing off non-QVC purchases than selling what they are scheduled to sell.

Trusted Contributor

Let the bashing begin! I can take it. The problem is the truth hurts. And yes that was the product Genie Line Smoother. So why not continue using it if it made you look that good. About the foundation that claims it doesn't settle in fine lines and wrinkles, I must admit I fell for that one. It was one of the IT Cosmetics powder foundations. I couldn't believe what my face looked like! I'm not bashing IT, because I love her concealer and CC Cream. What I object to in the presentation is claiming that it WON'T settle into fine lines and wrinkles. I don't know, do they like getting returns?
Trusted Contributor

Maybe they use something if they get it for free? QVC does not sell it any longer, so that might be the reason!!

I read the reviews before I purchase and I read the one stars more than the five stars. Sometimes, a bad review will tell you something you never gave a thought to.

I have to admit, it was the IT foundation that I was so tempted to buy! I passed on it. I know many adore it but I know from reading the reviews that it's not for me.

Respected Contributor

I know this is how they sell their cosmetics. Everyone wants and is looking for the miracle product but no such thing exists. There are some that can soften or make lines/wrinkles less visible but won't get rid of them, have to use common sense.

I like to see models like Maria who look natural and aren't what you would call ''young'', not that she is old but, I don't mean a teenager or in the 20's. I want to see normal every day women of all ages in makeup shows.

I have very dry skin and do have lines at the corners of my eyes and I like to see foundation and makeup on air that doesn't accentuate these lines or make them look worse. I have already gotten things that would show up lines I didn't even know I had till applying some makeup so, want to see more ''normal'' every day ladies of all ages doing these on air makeup shows.

Super Contributor

I totally agree with what you have written, and was just thinking about this yesterday.
Honored Contributor

Nothing will make anyone look years younger unless someone hasn't used any products and skin is absolutely awful - then usually using great products will make someone look way younger. Every product has merit but doesn't work for everyone either and nothing is magic but if used consistently there are products that will improve everyone's appearance and possibly stop the further appearance of aging. If any model or host looks the same then obviously something is working for them as they do not appear to be aging any more and their skin still looks the same as they did years ago. By trial and error I have found products that absolutely have worked for me and to get so many compliments on my amazing looking skin out of the blue all the time indicates that the products I use are working. I am 62 and am not trying to look 40 and know I never will but I like looking and feeling my best and shudder to think how awful my skin would feel and look if I were not using the products I do. I do know my skin definitely looks better than it did 10 years ago thanks to new great products. I think most women are smart enough to realize this and are not so naïve to think any product pitched will make them look 20 years younger. It's about choice and I choose to look and feel my best always.

Super Contributor

There is absolutely NOTHING you can put on your skin that will TRULY affect lines, wrinkles, sagging, etc. NOTHING. All of this stuff is topical!! All you are doing is, at best, temporarily changing the APPEARANCE of lines, wrinkles, sagging, etc. A $100 cream isn't going to work any better than a $10 cream, so don't waste your money on creams. Save it for your face lift!!!!
Trusted Contributor

Maybe all of these products just maintain one's appearance?

I haven't seen anything that turns back the hands of time on anyone either...

Respected Contributor

A lot of your skin appearance is due to two major factors: your genetics, and sun exposure. I inherited good skin from both parents--both looked wonderful well into their seventies with few wrinkles. And I stay out of the sun. I use a less expensive line with no fragrance (DHC Skincare) and I do see a difference using it compared to expensive stuff. It seems to be what my skin likes. Lots of olive oil, which was my grandmother's beauty secret (she looked wonderful into her later years as well.)

I think the biggest investment you can make is to wear a hat and sunscreen.

Oh, and do NOT smoke. You can see on the face of women, especially, who smoked, even though they quit.