Honored Contributor

Re: I never really expected this from dermarolling.

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@dex wrote:

Bleeding caps is scary because you could get infection...do you sterilize the roller?I think your results sound really positive.Do you still get bleeding each time?

Yes, steriliztion is key.  Even 91% alcohol is not enough for sterilization.  A glutaraldehyde based solution would be necessary.

Risks are too high for to bother.

I know the 91% won't kill everything but it's the best thing available other than that toxic glut. The thing is I'm not sharing, nor would I ever, my rollers with anyone and they are kept in a very clean environment.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the post!  I was wondering if anyone was still dermarolling, and if they were getting results..  I did it a few times, but then read that I had the wrong size roller.  I need to get a new one, and start it up again.  As for sterilization, I put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, and drench the roller in it.

Frequent Contributor

Its one of the smallest rollers they make and I did it every other day.Ive never had a caps problem until I used Clarisonic for a few weeks.I then quit using Clarisonic and it took awhile but the caps cleared up.

Respected Contributor

Please if you are interested in Derma Needle Rolling, do your research on this. There is a lot to learn about it.......needle size is a main factor, also on how often you should do it. What should and should not be used on your face before and after needling. There is a lot on the internet where you can learn about this, also books. This is something that should be taken seriously. Do your research!!! A very good, informative book to read is "The Concise Guide to Dermal Rolling" By: Dr. Lance Setterfield, M.D. Also you can download Dermaneedling Instructions by Sarah Vaughter. Owndoc Dermaneedling Everything you need to fix your Skin. There is an instructions PDF you can download and print. www.OWNDOC.Com Hope this helps everyone...... Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

Thanks for the post!  I was wondering if anyone was still dermarolling, and if they were getting results..  I did it a few times, but then read that I had the wrong size roller.  I need to get a new one, and start it up again.  As for sterilization, I put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, and drench the roller in it.

That's something you should never do.  Need to submerge the entire roller head into alcohol, pref 91%+.

Respected Contributor

Also after Derma-Rolling it is recommended to use a "copper peptide" serum.