Honored Contributor

I never really expected this from dermarolling.

I've been rolling for about 6 months now. I'm seeing good results. At first I was hesitant to start rolling because of my  broken caps. I thought they might get worse but I am wrong! They are starting to get smaller and less visible. I am so happy with this. 

Is it just me or has anyone else seen similar results? 

Honored Contributor

Re: I never really expected this from dermarolling.

That is really good news..is your skin looking firmer?I have broken caps too so I was not going to try it but now maybe I will.

Honored Contributor

Hate to sound a down note, but not me.  Deliberately put holes in my face?  My products are not sterile, my hands obviously are not sterile, and the risk of infection is too great.  I hang around with a germophobe pharmiacist and she is beginning to rub off on me.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

That is really good news..is your skin looking firmer?I have broken caps too so I was not going to try it but now maybe I will.

Definitely firmer and smoother, too. I have to tell you that when I first started, my caps were so red and some bleedingSmiley Surprised that I did'nt do it for several weeks in fear of the caps getting worse, but they did not...some stayed the same and some faded. I thought I took a big risk doing this but seems the risk was well worth it. 

Honored Contributor

Bleeding caps is scary because you could get infection...do you sterilize the roller?I think your results sound really positive.Do you still get bleeding each time?

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Bleeding caps is scary because you could get infection...do you sterilize the roller?I think your results sound really positive.Do you still get bleeding each time?

Oh yes I sterilize! Alcohol-soak-method is mandatory. I am noticing less bleeding each time and I think it might be because my skin is becoming less vascular. Once the caps get needled, your body absorbs them and replaces with collagen...theoretically. Apparently this might be what is happening in my case. Everyone is different.Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Could you please tell me your routine.I have done dermarolling in the past,then switched to Nuface,lightstim,tria but I would really like to incorporate dermarolling into my routine again

Honored Contributor

@staceyluvsyou wrote:

Could you please tell me your routine.I have done dermarolling in the past,then switched to Nuface,lightstim,tria but I would really like to incorporate dermarolling into my routine again

I used all the devices you listed. It was the Tria Age-Defying Laser that created/made worse my caps problem. Microcurrent and light therapy, though somewhat effective, was just too time-consuming to justify any positive results like firming or smoothing. I still use my Tria ADL but only on my neck and dec. No more tree rings and crepe. I love the results on my neck but I regret using it on my face. That is why I decided to roll my face. 

Roll once per week with .75mm then apply 20% glycolic acid (burns like heckSmiley Surprised!)

Followed by copper or vit c serum alternating days every day

Everyday apply one pea-size Paula's Choice 1% Retinol mixed with my moisturizer (Paula's straight stuff is too much for me to handle so I mix it).

Honored Contributor

@staceyluvsyou wrote:

What size needle and how often did you roll?

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

Yes, steriliztion is key.  Even 91% alcohol is not enough for sterilization.  A glutaraldehyde based solution would be necessary.

Risks are too high for to bother.