Respected Contributor

I’m Bragging on my Daughter

[ Edited ]

So today, my daughter and her family came for thanksgiving leftovers.  Yesterday, she didn't wear any makeup because she pulled a 12 hour overnight shift at the hospital. She's a nurse practitioner.  She's a beautiful 42 year old woman, and today she arrived looking just glowing and stunning.  She has olive skin from her daddy and black wavy hair.  Her skin looked ethereal and her eyes popped.  She had on pink blush over her flawless skin, white sparkly shadow on her lids, and pink light frost shadow up to her dark brows.  She expertly cat eyed her liner just so subtle. On her full lips was a deep rose. Her hair was pulled back tight with a pink paisley bandana wrapped around her head.  She had on a pink v neck sweater.  I just kept looking at her and she said why you staring like that...I said well you look so pretty and pink is your color. She just waved her hand and said oh yeah thanks.  I figured I'd clean up a bit today since I looked like burnt toast yesterday 😃.

I couldn't look that lovely on a good day.  A bandana??? Um no not in a zillion years on me.  And she's as humble as can be.  I said where did you learn to do eye make up like that?  Where they all learn...you tube and Tik toc!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I’m Bragging on my Daughter

[ Edited ]

@bmorechick 

Awe, this is the sweetest thing I've read in awhile. What a proud mama! Lovely....

The way you lovingly/painstakingly described your daughter gave me chills, beautiful and humble.

BTW: I'm sure she got her looks from you.Woman Happy

Thanks for this, it made me happy

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

That is so sweet, I am sure your daughter is beautiful and thank her for her service, that is a hard but necessary job.  

My daughters got olive skin from their father also and I am always in awe of how pretty they are.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spumoni99 @bmorechick 

Coming from a pasty whitey, I agree....I love olive skin, so beautiful.

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

@GingerHead  Ha ha ha yeah, I'm pale with yellow undertones.  While I bronze up under the sun, I haven't done that in years.  I hide under a hat and umbrella at the beach.  Don't want those pesky wrinkles any sooner cause I know the deep ones are coming 😣

Trusted Contributor

@bmorechick 

I hear you about  hiding from the sun.

I wear long sleeves, hats/visors and umbrellas all summer and it dosen't help that my mineral sunblock can add to the pastey-ness. I think I look ridiculous to most people....

But what cha gonna do? haha

Valued Contributor

Nothing wrong with pale skin, I'm a pale blonde with green eyes - my husband always had long black wavy hair and olive skin, we make quite a match!  Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@Ronettes   You are absolutely right...we humans are all a beautiful melange of color💕

Respected Contributor

Years ago I travelled to Iran with my husband and our 7 and 9 year old daughters, his sisters were so in awe of my skin it was funny, it seems like people always want the opposite of what they have.  I told them we all lay out in the sun to get darker!

i think my daughters have the best of both worlds.  The world is definetly made up of many beautiful skin colors, all of them are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick 

If your daughter is half as beautiful as your description of her, she is one stunning lady.  Love your description using ethereal for her complexion. That is one of my favorite adjectives when describing one's lovely, soft complexion.  Thank you for sharing.