Respected Contributor

Re: I love the IT Full Coverage CC Cream SPF 50 Foundation!

Ok thanks, it probably would not work for me.

Honored Contributor

Love this CC cream--excellent coverage and LOVE ths high spf.  It is a bit yellow, but it works for some reason on me though I'm more neutral.  I get the light as I'm a bit fair. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

i get the light, too, win.

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Writer with Flair

i wore my it cc cream yesterday and it looked great thanks to you!  if you hadn't started this thread, i don't know that i would ever have tried it again.

Dear Lady Roxanne,

I am so glad that your IT foundation is working well for you now.  It really is a great product, isn't it?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarieIG wrote:

@Writer with Flair  Does the fair work for a white skin with pink undertones (strawberry & cream type) skin tone?  Also is it moisturizing?  And, can it be worn without powder on top?

Thank you.

Dear MarielG,

When I first went into an Ulta store to try this foundation, I found that they had several colors with different undertones.  I am very fair and use the "Fair" color which has a faint yellow undertone. 

What I find is helpful is to go into the cosmetic store first thing when it opens and try some of the foundation on my clean, moisturized face.  You would be surprised how something that may look one color initially will adjust to your body chemistry over 15 minutes to an hour.  I am a firm believer on trying something out before I buy it.

In answer to your second question about whether this IT foundation is moisturizing--it is.  My skin has gotten drier as I have gotten older, so I use additional moisturizer under my foundation as well--especially if it is going to be colder or windy.  I my teens and early twenties, I never needed moisturizers.  Now, I really do.  I like Juice Oil Free Moisurizer and any of the Clinique Moisture Surge products.  (You can put the Moisture Surge products under or on top of your foundation--which is nice.)

In answer to your third question, yes, you can wear this foundation without powder on top.  I sometimes use the IT Bye Bye Pores powder on top of this foundation, but I certainly do not have to.  It does just fine without it.  I like it because it gives me a truly flawless look. 

Occasional Contributor

I love this foundation too and have it in the supersize (so super value!) I don't like a heavy look either, but love how this softens any redness and adds high spf. My method: Buff the product on with a dense big brush (i use tarte's foundation brush), then dabble a dry foundation sponge over it to meld into skin. Buffing with the brush is so fast that  the extra step of dabbling with a sponge still clocks in faster than fingers or putting on with a damp sponge in the first place.

Has anyone tried the illumination forumla and like it as well?

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair

yes, it is a great product.  i happen to like most, if not all the IT products!

Respected Contributor

I just wish the foundations on Q weren't so yellow-based.  Especially IT.  I need pink undertones or neutral. It's frustrating, but there are other foundations out there that do work (I'm still in love with L'Oreal TrueMatch).

Regular Contributor

They need more shades in this foundation.  I am fair to light with pink undetones and the light shade was way too yellow on me.  

Trusted Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

@Writer with Flair  Does the fair work for a white skin with pink undertones (strawberry & cream type) skin tone?  Also is it moisturizing?  And, can it be worn without powder on top?

Thank you.

Dear MarielG,

When I first went into an Ulta store to try this foundation, I found that they had several colors with different undertones.  I am very fair and use the "Fair" color which has a faint yellow undertone. 

What I find is helpful is to go into the cosmetic store first thing when it opens and try some of the foundation on my clean, moisturized face.  You would be surprised how something that may look one color initially will adjust to your body chemistry over 15 minutes to an hour.  I am a firm believer on trying something out before I buy it.

In answer to your second question about whether this IT foundation is moisturizing--it is.  My skin has gotten drier as I have gotten older, so I use additional moisturizer under my foundation as well--especially if it is going to be colder or windy.  I my teens and early twenties, I never needed moisturizers.  Now, I really do.  I like Juice Oil Free Moisurizer and any of the Clinique Moisture Surge products.  (You can put the Moisture Surge products under or on top of your foundation--which is nice.)

In answer to your third question, yes, you can wear this foundation without powder on top.  I sometimes use the IT Bye Bye Pores powder on top of this foundation, but I certainly do not have to.  It does just fine without it.  I like it because it gives me a truly flawless look. 

@Writer with Flair  What a wonderful response, thank you!  (I worked late the last two nights, sorry I did not get back to you sooner.)  I will try to get into Ulta in the next few weeks to see if I can sample this. 

Do the math.