Valued Contributor

Re: I hate that UPS and FEDEX bring packages to USPS to deliver!

Sometimes I'll get a message that UPS is in my area and will deliver the package...........I HATE IT.....

Everytime UPS delivers something, the package is so filthy that I have to wipe it off prior to opening it. Or damaged. It's like the driver has kicked it down the asile of a dirty truck or along the ground.

Funny that it doesn't arrive that way when UPS delivers it to USPS for delivery.

Super Contributor

THANK YOU for the tip.  I didn't know that!  I live in rural Nebraska, my post office is a little cranky lately, they sent me a letter that said if I didn't mow the approach (mind you, this is along a county maintained road), AND fill in the two holes along the side of the road (on the shoulder), they would withhold my mail!  So I (at 70 and stage 3 cancer) have been trying to carry dirt, tamp it and fill the hole, only to have it rain and whoever drives through squishes my dirt effort out of the hole into the ditch.  I would gladly pay extra to have UPS only deliver my packages.  My bills are automatically paid online, except for an odd one, so if the USPS doesn't want to deliver my junk mail I don't care.

Respected Contributor

Maybe they have no way of knowing. I know in this high tech world there must be a way to figure that out. However, when they come into UPS, maybe they are processed and loaded up again to go to the Post Office. Just my uneducated guess. I must say last week I had a package coming from Ulta. Sat at UPS for 3 days before it was transferred.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Where I am packages are often not transferred to USPS if the carrier is going to be in the area.  It is noted on the tracking.

@Pook.  That "We're going to be in your area" is a joke.  Observe that all of those item are at or past their EDD.  Apparently UPS is contractually obligated to get them to you on time or they're dinged in some manner.

This isn't true in my case. My packages almost never get transferred to the post office because UPS comes to my apartment complex everyday for something. I always get my packages a day early.