Esteemed Contributor

Re: I hate that UPS and FEDEX bring packages to USPS to deliver!

Why aren't these packages shipped via USPS in the first place? Shipment and delivery is quicker and tracking is more efficient IMO. USPS in our City is wonderful. UPS? Not so great.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Sometimes UPS delivers directly to me if they're in my area, but I actually prefer USPS doing it.  If my mail carrier ever retires, then I may change my mind, but he is a great guy and he knows where to put my stuff (he's used to all my packages).  With UPS, it's a different delivery person every time and they are in such a hurry they usually don't care where they put it.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Where I am packages are often not transferred to USPS if the carrier is going to be in the area.  It is noted on the tracking.

@Pook.  That "We're going to be in your area" is a joke.  Observe that all of those item are at or past their EDD.  Apparently UPS is contractually obligated to get them to you on time or they're dinged in some manner.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

I don’t mind waiting an extra day if I save $ on shipping.

@Tribesters.    Only the shipper saves.  You and I pay the same regardless.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Why aren't these packages shipped via USPS in the first place? Shipment and delivery is quicker and tracking is more efficient IMO. USPS in our City is wonderful. UPS? Not so great.

@BirkiLady.  The post office can't handle the huge increase in parcels that internet shopping has generated.

UPS has decreased in efficiency and has become slow, slow, slow with packages often sitting at their distribution centers 4-5 days with no movement.  My local group destroyed 2 of my packages in a 10 day period.  They notified the shipper but not me.

It seems UPS is also having trouble handling the work load.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Where I am packages are often not transferred to USPS if the carrier is going to be in the area.  It is noted on the tracking.

@Pook.  That "We're going to be in your area" is a joke.  Observe that all of those item are at or past their EDD.  Apparently UPS is contractually obligated to get them to you on time or they're dinged in some manner.

@Kachina624 the "we're going to be in your area" is not a joke when it comes to my packages. When UPS says that they deliver my packages instead of handing them off. I especially like getting my packages delivered at work b/c UPS is at my building every day so they never hand them off to the post office.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Not a joke in my area - always earlier or on the EDD date.   When they have to transfer to the PO it takes 2 days longer.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  Remember when UPS was timely, efficient and reliable? Wonder what happened. Their stock was fabulous in the 1990's!  

I realize USPS cannot keep up with the on-line shopping, yet many branch post offices in our City have been closed and all of our mail is now routed through Omaha for cancellation. Seems like it was smoother when our mail and packages where post-marked in Lincoln and we received next-day delivery. Now? It takes two days for mail to travel from Lincoln to Omaha (for cancellation) and back to Lincoln. Doesn't make sense to me. Yet, the employees of USPS are courteous, willing to help in any way possible and so dedicated. These changes don't make their work easier as the population continues to increase in leaps and bounds.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Not a joke in my area - always earlier or on the EDD date.   When they have to transfer to the PO it takes 2 days longer.  

@Pook.  You missed the whole point of my msg.  They're always in your area but when the EDD is in danger of being exceeded, they will suddenly make the effort to deliver it instead of the PO.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@Pook.  You missed the whole point of my msg.  They're always in your area but when the EDD is in danger of being exceeded, they will suddenly make the effort to deliver it instead of the PO.

When they say they are going to be in the area it means they have another package for me to deliver so they will just deliver the other one also instead of transferring it to USPS.