Valued Contributor

Re: I guess I"ve damaged the skin barrier on my face........

I had been using the perricone duo, neuropeptide day and night cream along with a couple of perricone serums. I just got the new shipment of the duo and I think I'll return it. Really didn't see any changes in my skin that would justify the price anyway.

I had added in cold plasma when this stuff all started so I don't know if that's what caused it or if it was the clinque cleanser.but once the irritatiopn started everything I used after that seemed to be a problem.

I'm going to Ulta today to see if they have the Atopalm and I'm going to use it for awhile and if this clears up I'm going back to Isomers. or I may just stay with the Atopalm, they have a serum and also a cleanser.

It looks a little calmer today so if it's even looking better by Monday I'll decide if I need to see the Derm.

I just have to accept that some of the ingredients in the anti-aging products just aren't going to be good for my sensitive skin.

Again,, I appreciate the replies very much.

Respected Contributor

Nadine:  I've had irritation with vitamin C and retinol products.  I find that the PTR night retinol doesn't irritate (I used a 0.4 oz sample recently) my skin.  Elysee's blue and red serums never irritate either. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

You could try applying milk soaked cloths on your face to sooth the skin.

Or an aloe vera product.

Regular Contributor

Milk contains lactic acid. Wouldn't that irritate the skin too?

Respected Contributor

@Beautybuster wrote:

Milk contains lactic acid. Wouldn't that irritate the skin too?

You would think that because it is an acid, but milk is overall a base.  Milk has been used for centuries to sooth irritated skin.  Cleopatra and milk baths.  You can either use milk, cream or dried milk to make a soothing mask for your skin with a washcloth soaked in it.  I suggest you warm it up to a soothing temperature, and use that.  I also use a milk of warm milk and honey in my eye wash when they are super irritated.  Honey is a natural soother and antibiotic, so adding that to your facial would make a wonderful soak.

JLF is right to go with milk and/or honey for a soothing mask.

Valued Contributor

Couldn't find AtoPalm yesterday so got Vinicream cleanser and Vanicream llite moisturizer. A derm had recommended those products several years ago. My skin is already feeling better and red areas are fading. I didn't want to have to order and wait a few days and I think the Vanicream is another good option.

When everything clears up I'm going to try to get Isomers back in my routine.

I read an article yesterday that was talking about the bad stuff in skincare products. They said to try to use products with as few ingredients as possible. Thats one thing I like about Isomers, Each of their products has very few ingredients. I've always wondered when I looked at ingredients on a label and there would be sometimes as many as 25 why that many were necessary.

Contributor

Thank you for your informative post.  I went to the Atopalm site and ordered the $9 sample one ounce tube.  I love Cerave and would always recommend it to my chemo and autoimmune patients because of the moisture retention and low drag with application.  The have a new psoraisis tub that I'm using with good results also.  Eucerine has a newer cream for exzema in a tube that isn't irritating for body use.  There are many good choices out there today.

Trusted Contributor

@Jayro

Thank you.  I've been trying to remember the name of Atopalm for weeks.  Thanks for posting.

Valued Contributor

I actually had forgotten about Atopalm also until it was brought up on here. I went ahead and ordered the cream and the serum tonight, I'll continue with the vanilcream cleanser though. I'll keep using the vanicream moisturizer until the Atopalm gets here. Then I"ll have a great moisturizer for my dry dry body.with the vanicream.

Thanks again for the replies, so many excellent suggestions.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I agree, aloe vera is the best.