Super Contributor

Re: I dropped my new skinn shampoo and the bottle broke into!

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on Skinn's customer service. I have contacted them in the past and they were great. When I called, I always had to leave a message, but when they called back, they were just wonderful. Replaced product, nothing to be sent to them, and answered any questions I might have had.

Since they were so great, I felt I needed to say that in support of them.

I am sorry for any who did not feel they got good service.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel I need to add my Skinn Customer Service experience as well.  I jumped on the Skinn bandwagon at the end of last year, when Evine (ShopHQ) had the DWP TTV that introduced the new Age Reset Serum.  Besides that, I bought a few other things as well.  As I started using the products I noticed that various caps were cracking.  Not that the caps are that crucial, but I like to keep jars and bottles intact when they're stored.  I emailed the Skinn Customer Service Dept., explained that I was a new user, what had happened, and asking them if there was a way I could purchase replacement caps.  The reply I received was they were sending me a package of replacement products as a one time thing.  I thought that was a very kind gesture and certainly above and beyond what they had to do.  When I posted here about it, I learned that Skinn generally has cheaper packaging in some cases.  It's unfortunate that some have experienced more severe breakage, but that doesn't make the contents inferior.  No, we shouldn't be required to purchase our own packaging to transfer product to, but I've done that for some open jar packaging in some Skinn products and other brands as well, in order to better preserve the contents and have better dispensing.

Honored Contributor

Re: I dropped my new skinn shampoo and the bottle broke into!o

@Persephonel wrote:

I'm so upset! Just wanted to warn anyone who got the skinn TTV shampoo set, the bottle is very brittle! The shampoo is lovely, smells like grapefruit.

@Cookie777-so disappointed to read about your experience.  I believe you recently started to buy/use Skinn products, and hope the Skinn team will step up & take corrective actions.

The corrective actions should include a full refund to you plus a new set of the shampoo/conditioner sent to you at no cost. Plus, they need to immediately do analysis & testing of these containers. In no way should they break if dropped in the shower or bathroom.

I'm glad you posted your experience. I truly hope you can come back & post a better/appropriate response from Evine/Skinn and an even better resolution.  

I've purchased many items from Skinn with no packaging problems, with the exception of some broken caps. The caps cracked after I dropped the serums not once but several times-I'm surprised the pump tops didn't break given multiple drops.

I personally would rather not pay for fancy packaging, so I'm alright with Dimitri's approach, as long as there is no issue with the product being exposed or contaminated. However, your shattered shampoo bottle is not acceptable. This needs to be rectified for you and the rest of us! Hoping for a better resolution for you!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Sorry this happened to you. I didn't buy the TTV because I didn't want the skincare, but as a Skinn customer and user, I get that D doesn't focus on packaging, BUT, the reality is his products are not inexpensive - no, they are not $500a bottle, but when you add it all up, it is pricey.  For the $$$ spent, there should be no packaging issues especially on a regular basis.  I personally am tired of pumps not working and feel we shouldn't have to deal with that.  A one off is one thing - it happens - regular defects are another.  It is very frustrating when you have "back-ups" and they don't work and there is nothing you can do because the time has lapsed to return.  I have had more than a few broken bottles and pumps in the last couple years and who knows what else I'll find that doesn't work when it comes time for me to use.  I do keep the pumps that work just in case.  

Honored Contributor

I had the same response from skinn as someone else. There's a recording when you call and they never call you back and they don't answer their emails. 

BTW,does your 24 hour cream smell? Mine smells horrible-I've never used it before so I don't know?

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I had the same response from skinn as someone else. There's a recording when you call and they never call you back and they don't answer their emails. 

BTW,does your 24 hour cream smell? Mine smells horrible-I've never used it before so I don't know?

I've used Skinn products and have never had anything smell "horrible".  If your cream smells badly that is a very strong indication it's gone off and you should NOT use it.  If it is contaminated you should not allow it on your skin, esp near eyes.  Try to find the lot number and report to Skinn and Evine (if that is where you purchased).  That is very serious and I'd hope Skinn would want to know and would respond.  

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Persephonel wrote:

I'm so upset! Just wanted to warn anyone who got the skinn TTV shampoo set, the bottle is very brittle! The shampoo is lovely, smells like grapefruit.

The corrective actions should include a full refund to you plus a new set of the shampoo/conditioner sent to you at no cost. Plus, they need to immediately do analysis & testing of these containers. In no way should they break if dropped in the shower or bathroom.

Full refund of items and shipping cost in addition to a new set (not just the broken item) with free shipping seems a bit excessive.  Being made whole with a new shampoo would be appropriate.  I doubt Skinn has the capacity to analyze and test packaging.  They should, however, have a chat with their packaging supplier and/or choose more appropriate packaging for the product.  Packaging can really get expensive and I can see trying to keep costs down but looks like it may have gone a little too far on the low end here.  Sounds like a common theme, too.  My experience with an airless jar pump meant to distribute Collagenesis is that it never worked.  I transfer product to a small container and use from there.  In order to do that I have to remove the entire lid which defeats the original purpose. 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Persephonel wrote:

@Cookie777-so disappointed to read about your experience.  I believe you recently started to buy/use Skinn products, and hope the Skinn team will step up & take corrective actions.

I'm glad you posted your experience. I truly hope you can come back & post a better/appropriate response from Evine/Skinn and an even better resolution.  

I've purchased many items from Skinn with no packaging problems, with the exception of some broken caps. The caps cracked after I dropped the serums not once but several times-I'm surprised the pump tops didn't break given multiple drops.

I personally would rather not pay for fancy packaging, so I'm alright with Dimitri's approach, as long as there is no issue with the product being exposed or contaminated. However, your shattered shampoo bottle is not acceptable. This needs to be rectified for you and the rest of us! Hoping for a better resolution for you!!!

There is nothing excessive with the corrective actions that I've recommended. It's a new product line & packaging, so I'm sure Skinn appreciates a customer coming forward with compaints & they would go the extra mile to not only rectify the situation but also to retain @Cookie777 as a customer. And there is the broader issue of safety for all customers.

In addition, since Skinn has its own mfg facility they can do testing internally along with any suppliers externally of the packaging/containers. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Persephonel wrote:

I mean the shampoo broke in two pieces...

Spoiler

If I recall correctly, a reviewer on Evine had the same thing happen to her.  The bottle is very stiff.  You'd never be able to squeeze the last drop out.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

I just got a text from Demitri on Facebook, and he said he would send me another shampoo! Just wanted to let you all know