Super Contributor

Re: I bought some Robin McGraw skin care, do you plan to buy?

I wish I'd seen the show yesterday. I'm going to cancel my order. I'll probably get the letter of doom for cancelling too many things lately. I've never gotten one but I have heard about them.

Respected Contributor

I came into the show 30 minutes in. Dr. Phil was talking to the husband, the woman was getting her hair colored. I didn't finish watching (I turned it off after she came back on stage all done and told the camera she was hot - LOL), but the only thing that was said about the skincare was either the guy doing the hair or the makeup and he really only said maybe a sentence or two. It wasn't a big promotional thing.

So there must have been more than what I saw, which was nothing. If she wants to sell skincare it doesn't bother me.

Valued Contributor

In reading this thread, it makes me wonder what Robin McGraw you are talking about. She talks the same as she always has, looks the same, and has maybe gained a whole 5 pounds in the last many years. She's always been into good skin care, and has studied up on the best ingredients to use. There are many here who love Connie Stevens' skincare, but don't criticize her like they do Robin. Connie also has plenty of money.

There seems to be a lot of hating of women who get out there and DO things, and of women who are happy in their marriage. You act like happy marriages never happen. They do! There are also a lot of families who cheer for each other, and do what they can to further their efforts.

Such nit picking putdowns on these boards looks to me like there are a lot of miserable, unhappy women here, that think if they shoot down another woman, they will look better themselves.

As for Robin and Phil, I can take them or leave them. Not a fan, but I watch the program some.

Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2014 Anniecamp said:

There seems to be a lot of hating of women who get out there and DO things, and of women who are happy in their marriage. You act like happy marriages never happen. They do! There are also a lot of families who cheer for each other, and do what they can to further their efforts.

Such nit picking putdowns on these boards looks to me like there are a lot of miserable, unhappy women here, that think if they shoot down another woman, they will look better themselves.

I certainly hope that making nitpicking putdowns doesn't actually mean a person is miserable and unhappy, or that they hate anyone. After all, both paragraphs above are nitpicking putdowns as well. Wouldn't want you to be included in your blanket statements!

I make a distinction between complaints and insults. Complaints are great. They create change. They show that something is bothering someone. Insults just make all the angels up in heaven cry.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Porcelain, may want to read the entire thread.

Super Contributor

I decided not to cancel my order. I want to see what this stuff is like. Who knows, it probably is pretty good. I'll let you know.

Super Contributor

While I don't care for anyone in that family, I think whether or not you 'like' a vendor or how they look and how much work they've had done is a very hit-and-miss way of choosing skincare!

I looked at some of the ingredients in her products, irritating oils, fragrance in everything, lots of plasticizers that will make skin look smooth in the short run, but do nothing good in the long run. To me, the ingredients weren't impressive at all, nothing in them that would make it worth trying IMO.

Super Contributor

How do you educate yourself about the ingredients. I am not being a smart aleck, I mean, most of the ingredients are "Greek to me." How do you find out what's good and what isn't?
Super Contributor

Daisies, Paula Begoun's cosmetic dictionary is a good place to start. (Beautypedia.com). After a while you will know what most commonly used ingredients are, what's irritating, what works best for your skin, etc.

Super Contributor

Thanks, 4doggies. I see people here talk about ingredients and except for fragrance, I'm lost. I'll go there.