Honored Contributor

I am totally lost with this new system! I hope someone can help me!

[ Edited ]

Is everyone else starting to understand this?  I'm not.  I just want a few basic things.

For instance ---

I started to post this when the system seemed to have gone down!

Does anyone else have this problem --

When I click on my user name -- I get very few of my posts and they are old?  How do I find my most current posts so tht I know who has answered my posts, etc?

Also, I don't understnd how the "heart" thing workds.  If someone could guide me???

And how do I get my signature back?  I don't know what is is called -- you know - like your saying or whatever that appears at the bottom of all your posts?

I am appreciate of anyone who replies.  Hopefully I will be able to find your answers.  But then again -- I may not.  Thank yu!

Also, how does one start a new Topic?  I cannot see the button for this. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: I am totally lost with this new system! I hope someone can help me!

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Is everyone else starting to understand this?  I'm not.  I just want a few basic things.

For instance ---

(1) When I click on my user name -- I get very few of my posts and they are old?  How do I find my most current posts so tht I know who has answered my posts, etc?

(2) Also, I don't understnd how the "heart" thing workds.  If someone could guide me???

(3) And how do I get my signature back?  I don't know what is is called -- you know - like your saying or whatever that appears at the bottom of all your posts?

I am appreciate of anyone who replies.  Hopefully I will be able to find your answers.  But then again -- I may not.  Thank yu!

(4) Also, how does one start a new Topic?  I cannot see the button for this. 

(1) When they moved the forums to the new system, they somehow lost the most recent posts from the last 4-6 weeks. I don't think anyone has been able to find them. We do not know if they can or will be recovered at this point.

(2) If you like a post or find it helpful, you can click a heart to show your appreciation. If someone clicks a heart on one of your posts, you will get notified that someone gave you a heart. It's just a quick way to say thank you,  I agree, or give/receive positive feedback.

(3) Click HERE to read my post about adding a signature line. It should open in a new window and not take you away form this post.

(4) To start a new topic, pick a category from the left side, such as Beauty, Fashion, or Shoes & Accesories. At the top of the category page, there will be a red NEW MESSAGE button. Click NEW MESSAGE to create a new post.

Respected Contributor

I'm lost and fed up with it It's very user unfriendly.When I look at  a category like Q Talk, the page is filled with every single response instead of all the topcs from that category.  It's very frustrating to have to page through six or seven pages just to look at a different thread.  WHat was so wrong with what we had?  I'd rather have an easier forum to use than childish hearts.  I tried to look at my previous posts and they are a mish mash of dates.  Nothing in order like before.  How do I make them show as the most recent first as before.  This is just too much work.  They've taken all the enjoyment out of what was left of the most pleasant thing from QVC!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you to you nice posters who have replied!  I agree.  I used to love to come here and post.  It was relaxing and fun.  A no brainer.  Which I need!!!!!  Who wants to have to strain your brain and get stressed out over posting on a shopping blog???  I get enough stress all day long at work and in my regular life.  Plus, I really don't have hours and hours to sit and try to figure all this out.

I realize that they were trying to jazz things up (I guess that is a description for it), but I found nothing wrong with the old system.  I had no complaints about it.  it was easy to use and user friendly.  

I readly admit, and have admitted here in the past, that I am not up on computer stuff and am not tech savy, so this is not a challenge to me, it's just an annoyance!!  LOL.

Thanks and as people figure things out, please post for those of us who have not!  Hopefully, we will be able to find your answers -- but then maybe we won't! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

ChynnaBlue, as always, thanks so much for your helpful information with regard to this grand mess of the new forums.

You mentioned that: 

(1) When they moved the forums to the new system, they somehow lost the most recent posts from the last 4-6 weeks. I don't think anyone has been able to find them. We do not know if they can or will be recovered at this point.

For me, this has probably been the most disheartening part of this mess. -- I have gone back through about 20 pages of Beauty forum older posts. In the first 4-5 most recent pages, there are scattered posts from the past few months. Then it jumps back to mid April, so clearly a lot of posts are missing. -- I haven't posted much here in the past year. I just started posting again on June 13th and at that time I broke the 4,000 post mark. As of today, I've almost hit the 3,000 post mark so they've lost about 1,000 of my posts and almost all of them are at least one year old. -- The QVC forum history seems to go back to 2010. Since I didn't start posting until sometime in either 2012 or 2013 most of my 4,000 posts should be there... but they're not.

What's so disheartening about the loss of archival posts is that it makes it very difficult for folks who are new to these forums to be use the search feature to get up to speed on topics. -- We've spent a lot of time sharing information to help others, and now that information is gone. I'm just dumbstruck at the lack of oversight with regard to this issue. 

Also, I've spent some time going through both the Search and Advance Search features for these forums and they are not working well (not to toot my own horn, but I know how to search the heck out of the internet). -- Some examples of this include... 

* On June 13th, I started about seven Wen threads on each of the brand new Wen specials for that day. In each case, I included the Wen product number in each post for easy access. I can't find any of these posts. I even did old fashioned google searches on these threads -- using the item numbers and qvc as search words -- and the posts are nowhere to be found. -- This makes me think these new posts are probably gone forever. There is no trace of the on the internet. -- And Boardreader is no help either.

* Initially I tried to find my Wen 101 and Wen FAQ threads by using the Forum search functions but they were nowhere to be found. -- Eventually I remembered that I had bookmarked them on my laptop and was able to find the threads (and at that point I was able to bump them up). Basically, they were in the Forum system, but the search function couldn't locate them.

-- bebeSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

ME TOO...    not user friendly.  I'm getting a headache just navigating it.  I used to check out the boards occassionally during the day to give myself a little break from work.  Not any more.  These boards are not inviting at all, IMO.

Honored Contributor

To quote a message, type your reply and then hit quote, it will appear below your message not above it

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

For instance ---

(1) When I click on my user name -- I get very few of my posts and they are old?  How do I find my most current posts so tht I know who has answered my posts, etc?

(2) Also, I don't understnd how the "heart" thing workds.  If someone could guide me???

(3) And how do I get my signature back?  I don't know what is is called -- you know - like your saying or whatever that appears at the bottom of all your posts?

(4) Also, how does one start a new Topic?  I cannot see the button for this. 

(2) If you like a post or find it helpful, you can click a heart to show your appreciation. If someone clicks a heart on one of your posts, you will get notified that someone gave you a heart. It's just a quick way to say thank you,  I agree, or give/receive positive feedback.

(3) Click HERE to read my post about adding a signature line. It should open in a new window and not take you away form this post.

(4) To start a new topic, pick a category from the left side, such as Beauty, Fashion, or Shoes & Accesories. At the top of the category page, there will be a red NEW MESSAGE button. Click NEW MESSAGE to create a new post.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I agree and definitely don't find this new forum very user friendly.  I will still post but definitely not as often unless they make improvements. 

Honored Contributor

I don't mind change and I'm not a luddite but this is just rediculous. Not only are there a ton of missing posts but the lack of subforums makes it hard to find what I'm looking for. I keep coming over here but then just give up. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

I don't mind change and I'm not a luddite but this is just rediculous. Not only are there a ton of missing posts but the lack of subforums makes it hard to find what I'm looking for. I keep coming over here but then just give up. 

I'm with you jaxs mom! Change just for the sake of change--which I think this was--isn't necessarily good! This is the 1st time I've every had so much trouble navigating any forum format.

I really wish they'd bring back the subforums...this trying to remember to tag is ridiculous!