Trusted Contributor

Re: I am so tired of QVC grinding brands into the ground i.e.-Philosophy, IT, ect. more variety please!

I have been tired of it for a long time. Smashbox is now on HSN BTW.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am so tired of QVC grinding brands into the ground i.e.-Philosophy, IT, ect. more variety please!

They have thousands and thousands of products available online, and they need to get those to air to fill in around the big sellers.

I have thought about this a lot over the last couple of years, and thought that perhaps they couldn't bring on some of the other stuff for several reasons, but I have since thought it doesn't make sense.

Not enough stock to make a presentation? Well, Valerie will be presenting and they will say something like, "we brought in 700 of these in the blue". Really? for all the viewers they have? Same with Temp-tations. So if they only present it the one time, and it sells out, great! It was something different to look at and they made some money. They focus on that $20 price point so often, that I don't think it would be any different where that 20 something bucks come from, and they might learn more about what their customers want.

No vendors or too expensive to have a vendor for other/new product lines? Who needs the vendor. They are paying the hosts to sell, and the older ones in particular could sell the Brooklyn Bridge. So put up some of this stuff online, give it three minutes on air, and see what happens. They might be pleasantly surprised. I know the customers would, just to see some new things.

Respected Contributor

I know the same items around when i first came here 3 years ago is still being sold.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch anymore. I've already seen the item or the item is presented for what seems like hours. Boring to the max!

Honored Contributor

I have only been watching QVC for 10 years (not a long time compared to some). I can remember when there was a REAL variety of clothes and items.

Now it's the same stuff recycled. I stay up pretty late at night, so I see a lot of items that are presented for the first time. Then all during the day over and over and (you get the idea) they are shown.

I can see presenting them a few times, but over and over and over, it gets stupid. Why not wait a day or so then go back.

I am in the process of downsizing. I've lived here for 35 years so you can imagine the stuff I have. I've come across so many QVC (mostly QVC) items and clothes I've bought that I wish to goodness I could still wear (lost weight). They are made so much better and with imagination. The designers are still around just not in QVC land.

I could buy a size and it would always fit. A size 2X (which is what I wore) always fit. A 2X WAS a 2X.

Up until about 7 or 8 months ago I bought a lot of clothes, items, etc. Now I seldom buy things. They never fit AT ALL. They are always a size XL but usually they are too big, unless they are too small......

In other words the sizes mean zip. They come from other countries. One thing I've learned is that if it is black (black sweaters, etc) it always runs smaller. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Like maybe the dye shrinks it? I don't know.

Ugh! I'm bored with this. I know I'm boring you because I'm boring myself. Same old same old.....

Super Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I started watching the Q exactly 20 years ago - when the shows were interesting and the hosts enjoyable. Now, the products are as boring as the hosts --- who are shouting BUY, BUY, BUY - such desperation. I don't watch any of the shows -- too painful and not entertaining (YES - the shows used to be entertaining) - where's the humor? I used to watch and buy a ton of stuff -- now, maybe twice a year. That's why Kathy Levin was the best host --- didn't pound us to death about how she owns 3 of everything. I like Lisa Mason - with her calm demeanor - I'll be watching her. The last several years, I've been buying Croft & Barrel and Sonoma clothes at Kohls.com - at much lower prices and better quality than Denim & Co. (which I used to buy from the Q). I wear my clothes to death and they're still perfect. I also bought my 20 pairs of Birkenstock clogs and sandals - at 6pm.com - average price $50 with free shipping. Good Bye Clarks and Rykas that I used to buy from the Q (these shoes have gone downhill).

QVC -- get rid of the guy at the top --- and hire "professionals" who don't ramble on and scream at us.

Respected Contributor

No more Clarasonic. I dont own one and no matter how many times you show it, is not going to make me buy one.
Trusted Contributor

In the past 10-20 years that some viewers refer to above, the market has changed drastically. Why doesn't Q sell Bare Minerals any more? Because you can buy the products at just about every mall and dozens of websites that offer free shipping and maybe no tax. They can't compete with that. Wen is now the exclusive product at Q. It's only available on Chaz' website at higher prices, Guthy-Renker-we'll-charge-you-for-life and a couple of products at Sephora. They used to have lots of lines with this type of arrangement.

Super Contributor

I agree. I am really tired of Philosophy. I don't watch any of the shows anymore.