Trusted Contributor

Re: I Knew I hated Powder Foundations

[ Edited ]

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Received the IT Cosmetic TSV.  I've always loved liquid Foundations the best.  I just tried the powder foundation in the tsv and it's horrible!  Shows every pore there is and it's very and extremely cakey..  Thank goodness I only paid 30 dollars for it since I had a credit.  THe brush is fabulous though and so is the under eye concealer and I like the lipstick.  Adds a nice pop of pink to your lips.  The powdered foundation is a loser. 

With ya on this, when I was maybe in my hmmm 40's or so I used Laura Mercier's mineral powder (still have another) nice shades and I think I had tried but wasnt crazy about BE's powder or any foundations that came in compacts when older. I looked quite nice in Laura M's. I had normal skin then (cries).. now it's dry. BUT I still use her moisturizing foundation or a light bb or cc and apply my mineral powder over it for more coverage w/o cakiness and it's quite nice and no pores seen nada at all! I think 'IT's'

powder fdns. are a bit overrated and own both never use them due to what you stated. I like a slight dewy skin and liquid foundations rock!. I am and always was in love with using them since 14.

Good you had credit on it and liked the lippie.

You may find if you have a sheer powder brush not the foundation one they give us, apply the foundation [as it says it can be used that way too] over a cc or bb. But just to lightly to set the bb or cc.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

I don't prefer the IT powder foundation nor Smashbox Halo. I do really like the Bare Escentuals. I can wear Laura Geller Balance & Brighten but I prefer the BE, which I wear daily now. In summer, I wear the CC++ cream from IT but NOT the powder. It just is too fine for me and looks chalky or something. 

I can see how it would work well on some people. It just doesn't work well on me. To each, their own.  

Frequent Contributor

haven't opened my box yet...is it worth it to keep for the concealer which I use and one other product?

Esteemed Contributor

@mimi5775  Hi Mar.  I have to say this morning I used Skinn's Orchid Gel and then applied very lightly the IT powdered foundation and it looks much better then when I did it last night without the primer.  It's not something I would ever purchase again.  I'm sticking with my liquid foundations I use.  This powder I'll use probably on weekends to run and do errands or even to work.  As long as I use a good primer and apply very lightly it passes.  I'm sure I'll be using my liquid more then this powder.  I could always keep it in my purse to use the mirror hahahahahahahaha.

Respected Contributor

Bare Minerals or Smashbox Halo, used sparingly are gorgeous!  The IT Celebration Foundation is horrid.  It just sits on your skin, even used lightly, and looks like powder.  IK.  I used liquid so many years ago, but when I switched to BM and Halo, i could NEVER go back.  It feels and looks so good...     ESP in the summer.

Occasional Contributor

I agree elruth! I spray MAC fix plus after celebration foundation and CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder have been applied than take the Beauty Blender sponge and lighty press into skin. The finish is beautiful and stays all day. I have also sprayed brush with fix plus first than applied celebration foundation and  this makes it creamy and smooth also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most powder fdns are disappointing.  So, far the best ones I have tried are bare minerals and Laura geller balance n brighten.  Not that they cover but they even out the skin and look natural. The others I recently tried are too faced Cocoa fdn and LG baked elements.  These did not work for me. 

I want to try IT fdn one day and  her bbue, but after just recently trying the baked elements, I wasn't up to taking another chance.

i would love to find a powder fdn I love. Not sure it is out there. 

Super Contributor

I can't believe I have had the exact opposite reaction to the IT tsv than most of you on this thread!!

I am mid-60s and never used a powder foundation until earlier this year when I got a previous IT tsv with Celebration powder foundation with spf.  It was love at first sight Heart

So I wanted to try the Celebration Illuminating powder.  I was not disappointed! It definitely makes me look better with less lines showing and an unbelievable smoothness to my skin!

I also love the bye bye concealer, eyebrow pencil, and lip balm.

I was late to the party, but now I am definitely an IT girl!

Regular Contributor

Re: I Knew I hated Powder Foundations and

I stay away from IT Powder foundations. aside from the cakey look, the color range doesn't work for me at all . I love the CC cream and it's my HG foundation , but again, the color range just doesn't work for me.  I have to mix colors.  at least with a liquid foundation it's easy to mix, 

Respected Contributor

I tried the IT Celebration foundation when it was first introduced on QVC. It applied smoothly, good color match, nice coverage---about half-way thru the day, I looked in the mirror and it had separated into little patches all over my face. EEEK! I tried it with and without primer (LG Spackle), tried applying less, same little patches. So I just went back to my LG Balance & Brighten, which has never failed me. I had waited past the 30 days, so I couldn't return the IT product, but that brush was worth every penny I paid...I now use it to apply my Balance & Brighten!