Esteemed Contributor

I Knew I hated Powder Foundations

Received the IT Cosmetic TSV.  I've always loved liquid Foundations the best.  I just tried the powder foundation in the tsv and it's horrible!  Shows every pore there is and it's very and extremely cakey..  Thank goodness I only paid 30 dollars for it since I had a credit.  THe brush is fabulous though and so is the under eye concealer and I like the lipstick.  Adds a nice pop of pink to your lips.  The powdered foundation is a loser. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I Knew I hated Powder Foundations

Sorry you're unhappy with it, @BlingQueen022.  I don't care for either the Celebration Foundation or the Celebration Illumination.  If you're up for another trial, I'd highly suggest the Laura Geller Baked Elements.  I can wear that one alone or as a setting powder over a BB/CC cream. 

Valued Contributor

@BlingQueen022 - I was coming here to post the same thing Smiley Sad Really disappointed in the foundation. Though I used to wear powder foundations all the time (Bare Minerals, Laura Gellar) - but recently started wearing liquid again. I so wanted to love this set but I just don't. I immediately had to try this on. I tried to do it just as the demos showed (I think I watched almost all of them!) - and I really did go light on both the concealer and the powder - I felt like I was putting less on than what they were doing on air. I was in my downstairs bathroom where the light is a little on the dim side - not really ideal for makeup - yet I could already see the "makeup" look of my face - ick! I ran upstairs to check it out - horrors. I absolutely hate the cakey makeup look and I definitely had it! I never have had that experience with any makeup in my life and I really did try to use a light hand. I saw nothing illuminizing about it - just - cake. 

Well, I already knew this set was going back but I decided to try the rest of the products just in case. The bye bye undereye I really like. I think if used extremely sparingly this stuff is amazing. It can cover up spots that I've never been able to cover up before. The mascara is pretty ho hum, nothing special there. The lip stick/stain - ehhhh - I'm pretty convinced at this point the models had something more than just this on their lips - this gave me almost no color at all and I am pretty light skinned so I'd think it'd show something. The brow pencil I do like. I think I would buy this again when I run out of my current. The brush - though it looks amazing I think is too dense of a brush for the type of foundation coverage I like. I've never gone for the "full coverage" look (is that a look?). I like my makeup to look like - I'm not wearing any. I'm wondering if the brush was part of the problem. I plan on trying the foundation again tomorrow with a completely clean freshly washed and moisturized face to see what happens - just to be sure. I will report back. 

But ladies there is a silver lining to this cloud I promise. In the bottom of the box there was a sample of the CC+ cream. I scrubbed off my face and decided to try that instead. It looks awesome - just awesome. I get coverage - all of those skin benefits plus SPF and it LOOKS LIKE SKIN. It doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup at all - it gives a soft dewey completely natural finish when it dries down - it's great. So it looks like I am returning the TSV and pretty much even trading it out for the CC+ cream. The medium was a little dark for me so I'll get the light - but it looks sooooo good. I'm pretty excited about it - and love how many great things it does for your skin. I also plan on buying some of the bye bye undereye as soon as i run out of my current concealer. So if you got the TSV and hate the powder - try the CC cream sample in the box. Completey different look. I know everyone has different preferences but it's worth a try. I'm glad I got the kit just so i had the chance to try the cc sample.

Super Contributor

Thank goodness for once I came to my senses and decided not to order!

Valued Contributor

I agree. I tried the iT celebration powder foundation quite a while ago and it was awful on my skin, showed every pore and I swear it made them appear even larger. That said, I love the iT CC cream. It covers everything and survives the horribly hot, humid weather where I live. Bbest of all, it doesn't excentuate pores.Smiley Very Happy

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

I don't like the celebration foundation either. And I hate that there was a film that kept developing over the foundation as well. I've never had that problem with other powder foundations. Regardless of how much or little I used, it looked powdery and dry on my skin.

Valued Contributor

I sometimes use the Celebration foundation.Waiting for the TSV illumination version to atrrive.The secret is ..after application and appying blush, spray your face with a setting spray or even a spray mist of water. This really takes away any chalky look. I do like the CC cream better but when I'm in a hurry I use the Celebration.

Honored Contributor

Powder foundations and my skin have never been friends.  I tried mineral foundation --once.   Laura Geller's I think I stupidly tried more than once, and I know I've had others from department stores. 

No more ever for me no matter how wondrous a kit looks, no matter what the vendor or some sales clerk says --and when I'm in a local shop, I stop believing instantly if the sales person tries to tell me hhow wonderful her powder is.  No, it's not.

Esteemed Contributor

@ctinaw  Everything you stated in this thread is 100 percent true..  I coiuldn't have said it better myself.  

I do have her supersized cc cream and I love it.  It covers well and you don't see a million pores.  I also have her Illumination CC creme and that's fabulous as well.  I will stick to the liquid foundations.  As far as returning mine, I'm going to keep it for what little I paid for it due to a credit I had.  The brush alone was worth the 30 bucks.  I can use that for other things.  Thanks for taking the time to post on this thread.  Happy Thanksgiving to you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I Knew I hated Powder Foundations and

The only powder foundation I found I really like is SKINN's Cotton mineral foundation.  It is smooth and translucent and doesn't rub off.