Frequent Contributor

I Have Two Eyes, Two Legs...

Since others post a rant once in awhile, here's mine: What's up with eye, pant, shoe and lip?

Last time I checked I had two eyes, two legs, two lips and my pantS have two legs. I wear TWO shoeS.

While I'm at it, if I read or hear yum or yummy one more time I'm gonna lose it ! Why are women talking like little girls? What's next, "Oooh nummy"?

The worst: Lippie. LIPPIE??? LIPPIE??? Why are adults talking baby talk? For me it's a massive turn off.

OK, I can sleep now...

Respected Contributor

Re: I Have Two Eyes, Two Legs...

Is this in addition to the other "I have two eyes, two legs"??? Cool

Esteemed Contributor

What does two eyes. two legs, two lips, your pants have two legs and you wear two shoes with baby talk? I don't get the connection.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Lindsays Grandma said:

What does two eyes. two legs, two lips, your pants have two legs and you wear two shoes with baby talk? I don't get the connection.

I don't get it either, but there is a second post with more responses -- maybe you can figure out what the problem is by reading themWink

Honored Contributor

I'm not certain, mind you, but she may be referring to fashion-speak. As in "the new eye this spring is pastel" or "this winter's lip is bold and berry." I admit, it's confusing. When I hear "fall pant" I think I'm supposed to drop to the ground and start breathing heavily.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

And two threads.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 just bee said:

I'm not certain, mind you, but she may be referring to fashion-speak. As in "the new eye this spring is pastel" or "this winter's lip is bold and berry." I admit, it's confusing. When I hear "fall pant" I think I'm supposed to drop to the ground and start breathing heavily.

That was hilarious!!!! LOL{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I have teeth......so why do I go to a dentist, not a teethest???????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

I'm posting about two different things, that's all. One is using singular when plural is correct, the other is mention of another annoyance.

Most threads veer off into other areas.

I forgot one more: What's up with "as well" instead of "too"?

I know as well as you do... lol, that "as well" is British. But this isn't Britain.

To the "mean girls"-I knew you'd show up. Get a life.

Time to leave the playground. Again.

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 just bee said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Now that's funny! Good one just bee!