Frequent Contributor

IT Celebration Foundation + 50 SPF from the TSV.  I ordered the kit for the palette, BBUE and brush BUT I'm loving the foundation-- can't believe it because I've been a dedicated Bare Minerals fan for at least 15 years. It really does cover imperfectionsSmiley Surprised Can anyone tell me if this foundation is just like the original Celebration Foundation just minus the SPF??? TIA!

Super Contributor

Re: I DIDN'T want to love it!!!

I do believe that it is, however, I could be wrong.

Respected Contributor

It is amazing foundation. I prefer it over bare minerals also. The added SPF is great!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Valued Contributor

I also love IT powder foundations, I'm a former mineral foundation user. What really shocked me is how much I love her CC cream. I didn't think I'd ever use a liquid foundation again (this is between I liquid and cream consistency) but together with the CC powder foundation my skin looks natural and great!! Most of the time I'll use both together but when I want something easy the powder alone is fabulous.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it's the same. I can't stand the other versions (both original and illumination.) to me, they leave a visibly rough, bumpy, grainy texture on the face. I see this on my own face as well as on the models'. But with the new powder in the TSV I could tell right away on TV that it's different, which is why I actually ordered it. And after trying it myself, it was confirmed. This new powder seems much silkier and more finely milled, leaving a much smoother finish on the face.
Respected Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I don't think it's the same. I can't stand the other versions (both original and illumination.) to me, they leave a visibly rough, bumpy, grainy texture on the face. I see this on my own face as well as on the models'. But with the new powder in the TSV I could tell right away on TV that it's different, which is why I actually ordered it. And after trying it myself, it was confirmed. This new powder seems much silkier and more finely milled, leaving a much smoother finish on the face.

I totally agree!  I tried the Illumination Celebration powder foundation in a TSV and was horrified by how it amplified fine lines, actually made them crevasses, and was rough and not at all a smooth lovely finish.  This new one I have to admit is very nice indeed, and I too saw the difference on tv.  I'm very pleased with this TSV, first It one I've liked.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love IT's CC cream and Celebration Foundation. I decided (oh, so sadly) to pass on this TSV, due to my new adventure in using only natural products on my skin. I was never crazy about the illumination version, but I used the original, and the CC cream, separately, as my only two foundations. The CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder with SPF 50 is nice, too; I did also use it as foundation regularly. Someone said they checked the ingriedient deck in the new SPF Celebration Foundation against the Airbrush Perfecting Powder, and found they were exactly the same.

After reading that, I checked the Airbrush Perfecting Powder against the original Celebration Foundation and found the same thing, except for the order of the first few ingriedients. Other than that, they contained the same ingredients, listed in the same order. Pretty interesting!

Frequent Contributor

I would love to know what natural/organic products you are using as I have ventured there and use 100% pure rice based powder foundation when I'm home but don't want to look "scary"/unfinished(but it doesn't seem to last).  If I go purely natural/organic I will be pitching almost 75% of my makeup and I don't know if I'm ready to go there!!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KarenBlixen It is a very new change for me--less than 2 weeks for makeup, 3 weeks for skin care. I'm loving it, though. I can't wait to see if it really makes a difference in the look and behavior of my skin. For skin care, I use only organic pumpkin seed oil and cleanse my face twice a day, steaming and wiping it off with a microfiber cloth.

For makeup, I use 4 Alima Pure products: Balancing Primer Powder, Satin Matte Foundation and blush, and Satin Finishing Powder. I love them! Great coverage for a mineral foundation and a gorgeous finish. I just tried one of their lip tints, too, and I'm in love.

You can do it! I think it's so worth it. It's so easy to get swept up in all the promises (and fun!) of beauty products. It just wreaks havoc on our skin. Plus, more than half of the ingredients in the products I used I can't pronounce and don't know what they are/why they're in there. I will admit, I'm still looking for a good mattifying powder for my nose! Let me know what you decide to try, if you do go natural/organic. A new favorite beauty blog of mine, Minimalist Beauty, has some suggestions:

http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/about-2/cosmetic-ingredients-to-avoid/.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Sparklytiara, I did switch to Andalou Naturals skin care.  I bought a trial kit at our health food store and fell in love with it and started ordering full sizes.  Good luck and I'll look up Alima Pure!photo+(10).JPG