Regular Contributor

How to keep under eye shadow used as a liner from creasing and smearing?

I've used a setting spray, have wet the eye shadow, and have used a setting powder, and the eye shadow still smears and creases. What has worked for you beauties?

Honored Contributor

Re: How to keep under eye shadow used as a liner from creasing and smearing?

@Glorimar   I use and have never had a problem with either Mally Shadow Sticks or Bobbi Brown Shadow sticks

Respected Contributor

@Glorimarusually a primer designed for eyelids can be used prior to applying eye shadow and it will hold the shadow very well. Bobby Brown used to have a good one years ago.

Honored Contributor

Maybe try Trish McEvoy Finish Line Liquid Shadow Transformer or Inglot Duraline, both available on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning @Glorimar .  There are several issues that causes this smearing of liner. Check your eye cream (if problem is bottom liner) to see if it's too creamy, concealer, too.

If top lid, a shadow primer may fix the problem. I use one from MAC called Paint Pot. It comes in shades that can also be a one and done shadow. Another solution is a dark waterproof eye shadow stick. You can achieve a fine line by using a brush against the stick and applying it that way.