Respected Contributor

How to apply powder foundation wet

I just purchased Tarte Double Duty Creamy Powder Foundation which can be applied wet or dry. I've never applied powder wet. What application technique do you recommend? Spray the powder with water and apply with dry brush? Spray the brush then swipe in powder? Sponge? Wet finger?
Honored Contributor

Re: How to apply powder foundation wet

@Rachb wrote:
I just purchased Tarte Double Duty Creamy Powder Foundation which can be applied wet or dry. I've never applied powder wet. What application technique do you recommend? Spray the powder with water and apply with dry brush? Spray the brush then swipe in powder? Sponge? Wet finger?

@Rachb  Your compact should come with a little sponge.  Wet the sponge and squeeze it out.  Swipe it over the products and apply.  

Regular Contributor

Let us know how you like that foundation! It didn't work out very well for me so I returned it and got the hybrid gel foundation instead. The powder looked too heavy and matte on my skin and the color wasn't quite right.

Respected Contributor

It's not working for me. The second lightest color seems to be too yellow (the lightest they make was too pink.) I find that it's not going on evenly and won't blend well. I also bought the gel. Not digging it either.
Honored Contributor

I haven't tried it with Tarte but I use a BeautyBlender sponge with foundations. You saturate the sponge, then squeeze the water out. The damp sponge has all the water needed.

Honored Contributor

Soooooo........you buy a POWDER foundation and then you can apply it wet????Why??????? I can't quite wrap my brain around that......So what's the big pay off for doing that?

Respected Contributor

Supposedly it provides better coverage. I tried the foundation both wet and dry last night and I don't like it either way.
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Soooooo........you buy a POWDER foundation and then you can apply it wet????Why??????? I can't quite wrap my brain around that......So what's the big pay off for doing that?

I know; it sounds ridiculous. It is supposed to be the best of both worlds... Liquid & powder.

I don't care for liquids but like most BE mineral makeup. I seem to like cream foundations best. Using the damp BeautyBlender sponge works pretty well for me. So far. I have not been using it for long.

Not sure about any other methods of applying powder foundations as liquid.