Respected Contributor

How many different Calista Perfecters can there be?

Just got my insider and saw this. How many different ways can they make this item? When I was younger and tried to use a styling item like this and it was caught in my hair and had to be cut out, I swore I'd never try that again. Lol

Respected Contributor

Re: How many different Calista Perfecters can there be?

I have the original Calista Perfecter and it is still going strong. I've never had it get stuck in my hair but then again my hair is short. 

Honored Contributor

I own one, too. Mine is the 1-1/2 inch for my long hair. I mostly use it for smoothing and curling my ends. Never had it tangle because I don't wrap my hair completely around it but I completely understand how it could get tangled if you did. I love my Calista.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I have to agree: tangle city and panic! I like the Perfectors, first and second generation however.  My vote is no on the dryer.  Chi solved this problem however: they have the same idea, but it has retractable bristles! If you encounter a tangle, you turn off the dryer, and retract the bristles!  

You can use it on dry hair too: I mist with a little water and Chi heat protestant spray,curl or volumize.  It also has a cold blast setting to set curls.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I have to agree: tangle city and panic! I like the Perfectors, first and second generation however.  My vote is no on the dryer.  Chi solved this problem however: they have the same idea, but it has retractable bristles! If you encounter a tangle, you turn off the dryer, and retract the bristles!  

You can use it on dry hair too: I mist with a little water and Chi heat protestant spray,curl or volumize.  It also has a cold blast setting to set curls.

Poodlepet2

That's very helpful info. I've gotten my long hair tied up in a brush dryer, and was always wary of them because of that. Great that someone's solved that problem.

Also, I hate blow-drying my hair generally, so great to know that I can work with it dry in the way you describe and maybe get some lift when I need it.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I own one, too. Mine is the 1-1/2 inch for my long hair. I mostly use it for smoothing and curling my ends. Never had it tangle because I don't wrap my hair completely around it but I completely understand how it could get tangled if you did. I love my Calista.Woman Happy

My hair is about 1/2 way down my back. I would just be afraid I would get it caught. My hair is thick and when I feel like doing it, I use a straight iron. I've never been able to master using a round brush when I blow dry my hair. I guess I'm just a little challenged when it comes to different hair styles for my hair. 😏

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My hair is about 1/2 way down my back. I would just be afraid I would get it caught. My hair is thick and when I feel like doing it, I use a straight iron. I've never been able to master using a round brush when I blow dry my hair. I guess I'm just a little challenged when it comes to different hair styles for my hair. 😏

@wvumountiefan,

My hair is also down to about mid-back. What I do with my Calista is simply brush my hair with it and it really gives it a nice smooth shine. It's not until I get to the ends that I'll curl my hair  about 3/4 way around the brush so it never gets tangled this way. I would never try to curl anything more than this for fear of it getting caught. This thing makes my hair look like I've blown it out with a round brush but I didn't and it doesn't look flat like you get when you use a flat iron on it either. For me the Perfecter has been the best styling tool I've used. Saves me time with getting my hair looking good.

Honored Contributor

I also have the original Perfector.  Some day I'll probably buy one of the narrower barreled ones for my short hair.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wvumountiefan,

My hair is also down to about mid-back. What I do with my Calista is simply brush my hair with it and it really gives it a nice smooth shine. It's not until I get to the ends that I'll curl my hair  about 3/4 way around the brush so it never gets tangled this way. I would never try to curl anything more than this for fear of it getting caught. This thing makes my hair look like I've blown it out with a round brush but I didn't and it doesn't look flat like you get when you use a flat iron on it either. For me the Perfecter has been the best styling tool I've used. Saves me time with getting my hair looking good.

@SilleeMee  Thank you! Maybe I should try this type of styling tool again. I did notice they were offering I think 5 sizes this time. Thanks for your reply! 

Valued Contributor

I love my Calista and noticed there will be a TSV in March.  I have the 1" but thinking of getting the 3/4" since I want more curl.  

I was just wondering why it's $10 more than the one I got last Fall.....same exact Calista, I believe, so why are they selling the exact one again just a few months later.

I'll have to reread about it but I probably will order another one since I like that I can comb, curl and brush with it.....